1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Sensei, you don't hate me, do you?

Dex-chan lover
Probably what happened is his last student fell in love with him and when he rejected her advances, she committed suicide, and so he decided to be detached from everyone and everything, choosing to "hate" them so they don't become close to him and he can't get hurt again. It's not so much being "edgy" as it is a coping mechanism to prevent such a traumatic situation from occurring again. His indifference is a cover so that he doesn't let himself be weakened and that others won't be hurt by his faults. In that sense, I actually think this is a very well-written character and that its a very natural reaction that he, to reference Pink Floyd, "builds a wall." It's cognitive dissonance to separate himself from everyone around him so he can't cause harm.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda like this. He's obviously damaged, but I agree with his philosophy. A teacher & student should not be involved romantically and any romanticization of it doesn't understand the abuse of authority and lopsidedness of the relationship. I hope that by the end of this, Momo & Banri are able to stand on their own feet as independent girls with their own goals in life (without being overly dependent on other people's opinions or affection), and maybe he and the female teacher can be friends/coworkers or start to open up to each other if the romance path becomes an option.

Double-page supporter
Normally this guy is pointlessly edgy and monotone but logically sound, here however, he's being a fucking moron. I knew this manga was going to suck when I started it, but wow. This guy is what every incel unironcally believes themselves to be.

lmao at all the S E E T H I N G betas itt
I bet they treat any fem*id that looks their way with the utmost care in the hopes in getting to smash
Banri is based and a true CHAD

I'd hate them too when it's after work and I wanna rush home, and all they do is try to make me stay longer

@Yautja Why would an incel believe themselves to be like him? He clearly has at least two women fawning over him, can hardly be an "involuntary celibate" in such a situation. Incels always see themselves as victims, unlike this man who acts on his own agency.

@Radicool21 "independent" and "female" are antonyms, lets be real. The whole "abuse of authority" thing is bullshit, since they're dependent by nature. I've even dated older women and it's the same shit even if they're financially independent.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, I agree with him that in the end, it's useless to have romantic feeling to him. He will not return that love, nor he wil have relationship more than student teacher. It's just the logic.
But bruh, hate is a really deep word.

My man just want to go straight home for his precious relaxing time, no wonder he hates them.

Does no one commenting get that he was probably responsible for the death of a girl before the current story and now he's just come to the logical conclusion that if no one gets close to him and no one likes him he will not cause them to die and he will never really care about them and prevent any mental damage if they die.
His obviously wrong considering the girls like him and also want to kill themselves or eachother.

Users who are viewing this thread