365 Days to the Wedding - Vol. 11 Ch. 101 - Can You Speak to Your Mother? (Part 5)

Dex-chan lover
Very mature response, and not totally projecting onto her own insecurities into her daughter.
Not that I think the mom doesn't have problems but as far as I'm concerned no adults are truly 'mature', some are just more adept at knowing the time and place to hide that well aka a game of priority. I suppose that's a 'maturity' in itself.

Dex-chan lover
lmao. Well.... welp.

I don't think her moms a bad person, just. I think maybe she's protective in a way that's not. Useful. It feels like she both doesn't want her kid to end up hurt (she's been through a divorce herself), and also is bad with change. Like if she's already so busy with work, why would it matter if her kid moves? ...Well. It;s Different. She might be more extroverted then her kid, but it doesn't mean she's not particular in her own way.

I feel like she has such a bad time with conflict with her kid she just kind of. Avoids it, in the most insane way possible. That's kinda how it be sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
NGL, seems like a standard reaction. Some people are lucky and parents would accept a lot, but others have parents who have this little boxes for their kids to fit in and then when things go outside the lines they short circuit like any other person.

Dex-chan lover
lmao. Well.... welp.

I don't think her moms a bad person, just. I think maybe she's protective in a way that's not. Useful. It feels like she both doesn't want her kid to end up hurt (she's been through a divorce herself), and also is bad with change. Like if she's already so busy with work, why would it matter if her kid moves? ...Well. It;s Different. She might be more extroverted then her kid, but it doesn't mean she's not particular in her own way.

I feel like she has such a bad time with conflict with her kid she just kind of. Avoids it, in the most insane way possible. That's kinda how it be sometimes.
I think her Mom is one of those people who didn't really want kids. She is perfectly happy spending all her time working. She didn't seem to want to try and build a connection with Rika while she was growing up. I'm starting to think that may be what led to the divorce, she was more interested in her work than her family. Though she probably fought to keep Rika, not because she loved her but because Rika was hers and she didn't want to let go. That makes the spying, but staying away make sense. It's more about control of her things than it is about protecting. Though I might be projecting there.

Dex-chan lover
The last page was a little weird. For a split second I thought there was a random genre shift and Rika's mom was gonna turn out to be a cosmic being.
Rika barely knows her mother, so it represents infinite depth. I did have to take a look at the previous page again, initially thought it was translators memeing.

I wonder if we'll see the back story of the mom.

Dex-chan lover
It was pretty wholesome for Rika to tell her mom she was gonna marry Takuya like that, but then Ritsu malfunctioned and was kinda over the top in her reaction. No wonder Rika was shocked, she probably never saw her mom act like that once in her life.

I guess Komiya's gonna have to help Rika and Ritsu reconcile! I hope she does!

Dex-chan lover
She should just say, "Guess what mom? I'm not asking."

I'm not sure, but wasn't her mom mostly away on trips for work when she was younger? If so, why is mom having a say on this now? Like sure, she provided money and stuff, but that's it. It feels like she just wants to control Rika.

Users who are viewing this thread