365 Days to the Wedding - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Can You Make a Good Impression? (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact in Japan it is costumery to give money to the people who gets married they say the average is 30k yen per person more or less (so the cost of celebration and that hot spring inn is already payed for by the guests )

So some people actually earn money from wedding ceremonies.

@greatninja3 @chusetto Giving of gifts is pretty common for weddings. People more distant from the couple often just give a cheque (with the value depending on social status), at least in the English customs.

Dex-chan lover
@cosytags Presents are obvious, but it's typical here to give money in an envelope

Dex-chan lover
Its my sons wedding so what his fiancee thinks or wants doesn't matter. It shall go as I plan or it wont happen.

Apologies for the late posting, but here is my attempt at improving the map shown at the end.

Click here

I'll keep making more of these for the other chapters as well, but happy to take feedback as well.

And no this isn't an attempt to discredit Aquason's work, this is merely an attempt to put my mapmaking skills to use :).

this subplot reminds me of all the wedding drama from the makioka sisters book but i`ve rarely seen it being approached in the same way in manga. i think this might be the first time

Dex-chan lover
Who would have thought lying about something as significant as marriage could ever circle around to bite their ankles. Maybe if they both were estranged from their families, all of this wouldn't matter.

That being said, the dude knowing this would happen, they could use it as an excuse for not talking about it. Dude can tell his dad that Honjouji can't handle such a grand wedding, so they decided to skip it. If they had already been wed for a good long while, it would be strange to hold the big party anymore. It could work. But they aren't coordinating anything.

Users who are viewing this thread