365 Days to the Wedding - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Are You Really Confessing Your Love? (Part 4)

Group Leader
@Tikibo Thanks for the compliment! But to be clear, all of my varied romantic experiences happened before the Internet had even been invented.

@ideepakgurung
When side character love story is more attention catching than main characters lol

You got that right! This arc was far more interesting than anything to do with the main characters, both of whom are stupid and boring. However, I am very disappointed in the author's portrayal of Karoi and had hoped things would work out for Gonda.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't meant to be, not at least right now but to my seem Gon at the very least deserved a face to face rejection, his initial reaction might not be the appropriate one (neither the wrong one) but at the very least he deserved to be told at his face by her that it wasn't going to work because he wasn't mature enough or wasn't prepared enough.

Double-page supporter
well now im rooting for gon. he is not the balls less asshole I thought he was

@FredFriendly

What are you on about? The dude asked her to go out with him after only one date, and without knowing anything about her. She was clearly testing him to see if he is serious, and what did the dude do? He just froze, lol. I can clearly understand her not wanting to meet him again because he is just creepy and really immature.

Group Leader
@bouken
Code:
大丈夫だから

If I was in Kaori's shoes, after seeing Gonda's reaction, combined with her past experiences and her state of mind on the "defensive" only just the day after being confessed to, and revealing she has a child, this would be almost precisely, step by step, my way to try to break things off amicably. She might be afraid that if things continued on a certain way, it would be a repeat of a bad experience, so she could act drastically to try to alter the path that she sees Gon and her are going. It's not the best way, and when you look at it from the outside perhaps you can appear like the bad party in this exchange. But she could possibly be very affected by emotions and made those choices which made sense to her at the time. She has a family to think about, letting someone in who is still a big unknown quantity might be a big risk in her mind. It's one thing to let your family meet a friend, but making them into a part of your family? It's a big jump.

Group Leader
@U235 I take it that you have been in exactly the same situation as Gonda and, unlike him, you would not be phased at all and take it all in stride, accept the kid immediately without a thought or concern what that would entail in the long run. That, to me, would be a lot more "creepy and really immature." And what a nasty way for her to get rid of him. She should have told him outright that she had no romantic feelings for him instead of intentionally humiliating him. Twice.

@Dridespoon
...break things off amicably.

You must be kidding. Amicable? In what way in hell was that amicable? Like her friend said, it's the best way to get rid of a guy. Sending a messenger instead of showing up herself, in what way was that amicable?

Dex-chan lover
@Dridespoon
Thanks. That means Gon still has a chance, it won't be easy but it's not like she's completely cut him off, which would have been shitty of her without at least giving Gon a chance at talking things through first, and he'd better off leaving that kind of person anyway but it's not the case here.

Dex-chan lover
@wantootweefow as Hejti mentions, it was his bank account, he shown it at the start of the chapter, that shows he is prepared for a serious relationship with her (and obviously her kid)... that's why when her friend notices that she apologize as he saw how sincere he was.

I would say this is the most serious and mature moment of the series so far, adding in how Gonda actually shed tears for realizing how could he have hurt her when he froze.

Group Leader
@wantootweefow They're the bank statement booklets that were shown opened on page 3. They're still commonly used in Asian countries. Another term for it is "passbook". Google that and you'll see some examples. If you want to know "why" it's analog like that... Cultural thing probably. It probably feels better to hold your own bank account and a record of the money in physical form than have it in "the cloud" as a number.

Sure he is at fault when he freeze. I understand she disappoint but if she want to break things of at lease do it face to face. he at lease serious enough to contact her to talk again.

@FredFriendly

It would be really farfetched to compare myself to him as I'm not delusional to the point I would want to marry a girl because I had one nice conversation with her. Nor would I ask a girl to be my GF after one date, nor would I freeze because of a kid or any other surprising situation. You know why? because those are all things a creepy and immature person would do.

She should have told him outright that she had no romantic feelings for him instead of intentionally humiliating him. Twice.

I don't see how you got that impression. There is nothing indicating that she was not serious. From her actions, it looks like she had a good time and wanted to meet again and get to know each other more. That is how any normal (adult) person would act in the 21st century. But when he asked her to be his GF out of nowhere, she was forced to improvise the way she did in order to see if he is serious or not (She gave him a chance, even though she was totally surprised by the situation. She didn't freeze like a weirdo, did she?). And instead of handling the situation normally like an adult would, he just froze. No one said he has to accept anything, he could have told her he wasn't expecting that or he is surprised and need to think about it, or say anything really. But having a guy going as far as freezing in front a surprising situation is not a reaction a functioning adult should have and clearly not a behavior an adult woman let alone a single mother would want to date (because it's creepy and immature right). So she told him she understands and just went away. And after that, it's comprehensible she wouldn't want to meet him again. They met twice and he fucked up, and he didn't even bother sending her a text or calling her right after to apologize and explain his pathetic reaction. Seriously, how are you (and others here) even talking about breaking things off? There is nothing to break after 1 date smh. She is not humiliating him. He is humiliating himself.

Anyways, I sure hope you wouldn't act like him if you met a girl nowadays, because you wouldn't like the consequences..

Double-page supporter
I think she should have told him that she had a kid beforehand. You can't start a relationship with secrets just say it point blank.

Users who are viewing this thread