A Crossdressing Cosplayer Gets a Brother

Group Leader
The pain of waiting for people who can speak French to translate it in the comment, because I’m too lazy to use Google Translate...

Dex-chan lover
L'auteur utilise un français plutôt maladroit et vieillot, mais bon c'est un peu comme le mauvais anglais habituel qu'on trouve dans un paquet de mangas...

The french sentences that the author use are quite awkward and outdated, but it's somehow like the usual bad english we see in an awfull lot of mangas...

this reminds me of
mogiki hayami
in some ways... ?

Voilà
non, tu puex lui lettre
ne lis pas!
Non, non, elle a rendez-vous avec moi maintenant.

Google Translate:
here
no, you can write to him
do not read!
No, no, she has an appointment with me now.

I may have messed it up a bit, dyslexic and all., also my keyboard has died this week. 2 years on my Blackwidow, time to goto Razer and find it's replacement.

Dex-chan lover
@kurisu: ... "Altria"? Really??? You actually buy into Type-Moon's unexplained decision to romanize her name that way despite Nasu himself admitting he derived her name from the Roman historical figure Artorius?

Contributor
I don't even know what to feel about this series. I feel like I should run away while I'm still laughing, and before the horror sinks in.

@Wizardrone:

While I get where you're coming from, generally it only gets counted as shounen-ai if, at the bare minimum, at least one character shows romantic interest after having a correct understanding of everyone's gender.

Until then, by convention, it's all just comedic shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
In the future, I will suddenly remember reading something like this... And I'll ask in some forum, "what's the name of the manga where a crossdressing cosplayer gets a brother?" and someone would reply "Oh, that would be The manga where a crossdressing cosplayer gets a brother" and I'll answer "Thank you! I'm really bad remembering names lol"

My french class has a project where we have to read, listen, or write something in french every month and im gonna use this for each one of those projects

Recently there's been that not great tensei, idiotically tagged as isekai, that has a main character that looks similar to Illyasviel with heterochromia. Also Violet Evergarden i guess? (you're not fooling anyone miss illustrator). I'm sure there are more titles that invoke them, if only on subconscious level.

...wasn't Altria Saber's Alter altered name's altname specifically? ("Bob Loblaw Law Blog")

arrête tu lui fais mal
la violence n'est pas bonne!
ne la touche pas
---
stop you hurt him
the violence is not good!
do not touch it

Google Translate, pronouns were male in french it seems.

Dex-chan lover
@mikegnesium:
Recently there's been that not great tensei, idiotically tagged as isekai, that has a main character that looks similar to Illyasviel with heterochromia.
That's vague. What's the title, if you can remember?

...wasn't Altria Saber's Alter altered name's altname specifically? ("Bob Loblaw Law Blog")
No, it wasn't. It was originally what looked like an obvious typo in the Fate/complete material profile for Artoria (as in the non-Alter version), the same source that explains the etymology of the name Artoria. It's also one of several different romanizations that Type-Moon inconsistently used over the past decade-plus since the Fate/stay night VN was released, before they apparently settled their minds on Altria come Fate/Grand Order's English-language debut, even when the English localizers tried to argue otherwise (yes, you read that right: for once the localizers actually got the translation right and it's the Japanese owner who is being nonsensical and mule-headed).

Contributor
@MarqFJA87

That’s the only one that came to my mind, judging mikegnesium’s description.
But that’s not an Isekai since it’s a reincarnation in the same world.

https://mangadex.org/title/23467/eiyuu-no-musume-toshite-umarekawatta-eiyuu-wa-futatabi-eiyuu-o-mezasu

Yeah, that's the one. I see someone tagged it back.

Fate/complete material

Didn't bother with it. At some point i really wanted to make a purchase, but the pricing was so ridiculous, that it never came through. I've read only amateur translation excerpts from third volume.

Fate/Grand Order's

...or with FGO for that matter - i can't into online games. "New" lore seems interesting, so i'll probably try out animu at some point (which i don't care much for as a medium either).

Well, i'm gonna keep using Altria as a synonym for
corrupted
Artoria.

Users who are viewing this thread