A Galaxy Next Door

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain WHY TF DOES THIS HAVE THE TRAGEDY TAG

I would like to know too! But the setup leads me to expect that our man Kuga will die at some point towards the end of the story. Remember back in chapter 2 they set up the narrative plot beat that our man Kuga, falls sick Goshiki returns to her rented apartment, so it really isn’t hard to see what might happen if perhaps Goshiki is forced to return to her comet!

Chekhov’s gun also leads me to believe that Kuga’s eventual death might not be so permanent.

Double-page supporter
since the anime is here, someone's gonna finally upload this consistently right? right.... ? :qq:

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be honest, the rules around the alien contract are contrived and only seem to exist to allow the author to force the plot when they wish. Mc accepts being basically enslaved because it's a pretty girl.

You know, this setting would actually make for a great horror manga series.

Wait. This is completed? Just like that?? Man, at least show them lovey dovey
There are still few chapters, on MangaLife it continues to the chapter 20

EDIT : the chapter 20 isn't the end. On bato it goes to the chapter 24 ! The manga is still ongoing, it isn't completed as Mangadex states.

Last edited:
I assume that there are no groups translating this because it was picked up for official localization from Kodansha. The most recent volume released was Volume 5 in july 2023, which goes until chap. 24. It is presumably a bit further on in the original japanese but at least it is getting translated

I assume that there are no groups translating this because it was picked up for official localization from Kodansha. The most recent volume released was Volume 5 in july 2023, which goes until chap. 24. It is presumably a bit further on in the original japanese but at least it is getting translated
Update 3/24/24: the sixth and final volume was just given its official english release by Kodansha. The series contains 32 chapters in total. They may get fan translations eventually but I would recommend either torrenting or purchasing the official localizations as the translation quality is superior in those and it makes a big impact on the overall experience.

Update 3/24/24: the sixth and final volume was just given its official english release by Kodansha. The series contains 32 chapters in total. They may get fan translations eventually but I would recommend either torrenting or purchasing the official localizations as the translation quality is superior in those and it makes a big impact on the overall experience.
MangaKakalot has all the chapters now!!

Dex-chan lover
I finished it and can highly recommend it, I had written my thoughts but unfortunately lost them.

I love it because while it deals with potentially dramatic problems it never goes there, I don't understand the "tragedy" tag, is very light, it also defies traditions, the magical elements are never fully explored, they almost seem like an excuse to force certain events, we never explore the ramifications of telepathy, but I think they still work as a way to reject traditions that only serve to tie one down, for you see she is supposed to lead the people on the island but we dont have a dramatic kidnapping and a clash of traditions, our lovely girl decides that she doesn't want to be tied down to the island, she wants to be a Mangaka and cultivate her own family, and that's great, it feels "punk" for something japanese.

The two of them are always lovely together a great pair that never gets divided over dumb misunderstanding or contrived forces.

Can someone explain WHY TF DOES THIS HAVE THE TRAGEDY TAG
No tragedy here

I want to read this manga on this website but i found it have only 15 chapters in English how can i find more chapters of this. I'm new here and I don't know anything about this website. And I think I need some help now

Users who are viewing this thread