A Lady's Table - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Welp, that was bad. Not only the central plot went to nowhere, but it also felt rushed as hell and left us with a inconclusive ending.

So what happened with this manhwa? I skipped it all cause it was tagged horror but came to this chapter cause it was the end. Can someone give me a quick summary?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations but wow, what a waste of story... a single flashback to explain, no conclusions, no character grow, nothing.

Aggregator gang
Interesting premise wasted. Also Airplane??? I thought this was set in the past but its actually quite a modern setting apparently...

@ChaosNoahV Literally nothing happened, the lady eats human beings and maid set fire to church long time ago to be praised and then nothing happened afterwards

Why did I read this ? I feel like nothing happened... everything is confusing, even the end. I ??? I want my time back lmao

If it feels like nothing happened and there's no closure, then that's pretty obviously because the series got canceled and the author had to rush an ending, y'all. Sincerely doubt the author meant for it to end on chapter six when they wrote chapter one; read it with that in mind.

Dex-chan lover
This ending was so weird. It really feels like the story was meant to go on longer but was cut short.

Thank you for translating it! ❤️

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting that a group went to the trouble of translating this story, surely knowing how poorly the original had been executed. But, had they not translated it, those of us who read the 1/3 translation of a year ago might still be wondering what happened.

EDIT: Though the earlier translation was not posted to MangaDex until about a year ago, I am informed by @Hobnobs that the earlier translation was made significantly before then.

Dex-chan lover
@ChaosNoahV

A woman is hired as a maid. She is warned not to wander the place at night, but does. She discovers that they lady of the house kills and eats her suitors. Further, the lady hired the maid knowing that she had once set a terrible fire. The two of them eat flesh from one of the men killed by the lady. We learn that, as a little girl, the lady had been lost in the woods with the body of a dead nanny, and ate the nanny to survive, after which she was rejected by her family. At the end, she is still being rejected by her family, but the maid chooses to stay by her side.

Yeah, it's kind-of like the script of a student film which was begun ambitiously but which the scriptwriter couldn't bring to a respectable close before he or she hit a deadline or time limit.

It is already the end?? I liked this story a lot... It is a pity...
Well, thank you for all your hard work translating this!! I really appreciate all the time you all dedicated to this!

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you guys for the TL!

Not super satisfied with this story, but eh. Still an interesting read. For sure feels axed and rushed, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread