A nice cover for my manga, I hope to publish it soon.

Hey guys! My name is John McEnroe, and my Pen Name is Sauce Number 79, I am a rookie manga illustrator. I would like to present you a new project made in collaboration with a scriptwriter friend named RUNA. This project: "Fears and Other Inner Truths" will be released in about a month or two, however, before I show more about it, I want to hear your thoughts about the cover and if you have any ideas about the meaning of the illustration I also want to know if you like the idea enough to give more details about the work soon. :D

eLnXnR8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Seto Kaiba writes his "私の戦い" which is his biography of his younger teenage years where he got bullied for being a rich feminine child til he finally was able to summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon to absolutely murder everyone else and the path forward to Blue-Eyes White Ultimate Dragon.

jks aside, looks pretty edgy and dramatic; personally not my cup of tea but does give me Liar game and creepy dungeon vibes

Contributor
It's like the dragons are laughing at her for still using Internet Explorer in 2020.

@Teddy Curious interpretation! The truth is, the premise is far from that, I hope the end result is not edgy at all. It's not our intention to make a very complex and over-thought work. We only want to raise certain situations in specific contexts mixed with an interesting short plot (or at least that's the idea, I hope it turns out well for us XD)

Contributor
@John_McEnroe
We only want to raise certain situations in specific contexts mixed with an interesting short plot
This reminds me of Franken Fran without the overarching plot that is Fran's origins. Also, if it develops an overaching plot while writing, don't shy away from it. Just let it flow.

As for the cover, justforthelulz has the right idea, it can be taken as if the dragons are laughing at her, which could be thematically fitting, with the title being what it is. Also, don't get discouraged if people say edgy. Anything that it's not drama-free SoL will get some people saying that it's edgy just because (not to say Teddy is one of those, the cover DOES give that impression), but with a title like that, there'll certainly be people saying it. Just keep in mind your own goal and good luck! Don't consciously avoid appearing "edgy", but try to not overdramatize things.

Users who are viewing this thread