A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 44 - Guardian (3)

Dex-chan lover
This is getting super interesting. I wonder what's Shuli's plan... 👀

Dex-chan lover
Why is the empress putting her through all this she only wanted to control that family after the Duke died and is mad he didn't give her the rights. It wouldn't have been hard to take Shuli under her wing and manipulate her into being loyal since she's new to high society ?

All i could imagine the red haired guy is that hes like Grell from Kuroshitsuji 😂 theres better be Sebastian around to "handle" Grell
Nah kidding

@magicalcarnival he doesn't get released, but as a head of the house he can ask for some kind of duel instead of just having his hand cut off. So even if they succeed in all this he would still end up having to fight.

Everyone in the comments I love yall! This is truly a masterpiece unless shuli gets stuck with the prince I might gag. However, thank you for the update 😭😭❤️❤️❤️ I’m soo in love with this series

Fed-Kun's army
finally understood what was happening from reading the comments lol but hope this gets resolved soon!!

to anyone who's confused,
user @magicarnival somewhere in the comment section explained:

" Shuli wants to prove that the marriage was never consummated (aka she neve had sex with her husband) so she can annul her marriage and let Jeremy be head of the house, which for some reason means he gets released (idk why lol).

To prove she they didn't consummate the marriage, she'd need a witness but obviously her husband is dead and can't testify. However, she found a letter where it is hinted that he said that they didn't or won't. Since the letter is addressed to his previous wife's family, I assume it says something along the lines of "I'll always love my old wife, I won't betray her and consummate this new marriage" or something. However, she apparently needs a second witness along with the letter, so she wants the intended recipient of the letter (previous wife's brother) to be the witness. I maybe think the letter references a discussion her husband had with the brother about not conaummating the marriage or something? Idk. Anyway, the brother refused to see her, so she's asking this bitch to help I guess somehow."

Well, after all, this is a challenge from the Queen's ego. She said she tries to see if Shuli is worthy or not, but obviously, she simply is trying to destroy her one way or another. If she proves to be unworthy, then she'll destroy her directly and that's it, but if she is somehow capable to save him, there wouldn't be any need of paying more attention to her since Jeremy would take his righteous place as the head of the house and she'll get lost anyway; regardless of that, it just hurts. Jeremy and all the other 3 kids love her, she's her mom, they already lost a mom, why they have to go through that twice? If she loses her title as the Duchess, she wouldn't be able to be in the house anymore with them because it probably wouldn't be proper because of how tarnished her reputation would be after the court and even if she were able to stay, without her title, how could she fulfill what a mother can give and should do in a noble world? She'd be less than nothing so how could she be able to protect all of them?

At least in her past life, she was able to do so even without a good reputation, but that's because she still had her title and position.

Now she's looking for the biological mother's sibling, but I imagine that obviously getting to meet him would be complicated since the previous wife is dead and Shulli is alive and almost as young as Jeremy, I mean, just think about it, how uncomfortable. Now, this gold digger is trying to be rude to Shulli, but I doubt anyone gets benefited from Jeremy losing a hand.

Ps. The Crown Prince is sick af, he's delusional and doesn't understand the basics of a human relationship. I get it, it's not exactly his fault, but someone so obsessive with so much power like him, it's dangerous. There's no way he can replace anyone in this life, any parent (it doesn't matter how imperfect their kids might be) will ever stop loving their kids and treat them as the most precious being in life, that's just natural. Unfortunately for Shulli, she triggers many things in his wicked small head, she looks almost like a twin of the previous Empress, she saw him with normal eyes (something that for him was unusual), she took care of kids that weren't blood-related, and yet she loved them to the fullest and without any regret (unlike the current Empress who pays no attention to him), so ofc he thinks "why it can't be me?". Geez, is there any hope for him? Is the Crown Prince destined to walk directly to a path full of ruin, despair, and sick behaviors? I don't want Shuli to be close to him since he's so obsessive, but I'm worried if things stay like that. maybe one day he'll be the worst in the world.

Thank you for the scanlation, as always.

@Kie this is a really good analysis of the situation, good job. His actions and even facial expressions become much clearer if you look at it from that point of view. He's not even being particularly malicious, given how his thought process works due to his upbringing.

Omg thank u @iMinnie for saying what user @magicarnival stated, now it all makes sense! And damn the crown prince makes my blood boil god he has like no sense of morality. I feel bad he’s never felt truly loved but his concept of love is twisted af it’s like he believes he can just take shuli and get away with it

Fed-Kun's army
@AiriAi

hmmm, nice thought about the story. For me, in my opinion the current Empress wanted to test her whether she's worthy for his son. She knew what happen to Shulli household and if I didn't remember it wrong, when Shulli married, she's hasn't bedded yet by Jeremy father before he died. So, Empress wanted though and smart women, not just someone with kindness but someone with ability to be problem solver even it means make difficult choice, someone to be worthy of Empress. of course this is just my silly speculation take it with grain of salt.

and about the Crown Prince, I can't blame him, in fact I pity him. Just like many twisted villain, he's just wanted a affection and love. All of that because his mother are dead set to teach him to be cold blooded Emperor that rule her kingdom. His mother value the kingdom over her own son. because all of that, Crown Prince become twisted, with Empress teaching, He, the Crown Prince can demand anything if he truly asking for it. Everyday Crown Prince endure everything but when Shulli came to his life, he for once truly wanted something and he (probably) going to have it by all means.

I'm shocked and disgusted that the Reicher family refuses to meet with Shuli. This is about Jeremy, the son of the Reicher family's daughter. He's blood-related to them and in a dire situation, yet they presumably refuse to help all because they're salty that it's the second wife asking for the help? Damn what assholes. Then again, almost all of the adult characters in this story are assholes.

Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread