A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 51

Fucking priests. Is there anything more disgusting than people who hide being piety to excuse their malevolence?

Even the Empress toned down, the Cardinal is just embarrassing himself at this point... seriously everybody is willing to simply let go but noooo, they have keep reaching.

Tysm for the constant updates, feels like the plot is really kicking in now.

I don't really get what the evidence really is. So her late husband continued writing with the Reicher family which is the family of the birth mum of the kids? So on that basis she wants to annul the marriage, did I get that right? :S But why is that a reason? I'm confused

omgggg i hate those people who hid behind the name "cardinal". myob dudes 🙄

Thank you so much for your hard work. These new chapters are so intense! Loving the story characters, flow... every single new chapters leave me hungry for the next one!

Double-page supporter
@sumirina The letters prove that she did not live as "the Duke's wife" but was merely there to take care of the children. As long as she can prove that she was never with the Duke as his wife, but merely as someone who lived close to him, she can request for the wedding to be cancelled.

@sumirina it's just my opinion, maybe if Jeremy become the head of house. He will have an authority to suppress some judgement and to avoid his hand cut.

Dex-chan lover
@sumirina: For what I've understood:
The letter talks about Shuly and the Marquis not having sons, and being unwilling to do so. According to some law, that's grounds for marriage annulment. However, the letter could have been fabricated or written while the Marquis wasn't in a right state of mind, as cardinal assface pointed out. By having the testimony of the uncle Count, the incluence of his mother and the letters written by Johannes is proof more than enough to prove the legitimacy of the letter.
With the marriage anulled, Jeremy becomes the head of the house and can request a duel to settle the issue. Saving his hand and honor, somewhat. The loser is Shuly, as she would be forced to abandon the Neuschwanstein house and return to her birth family, but it's a sacrifice she's willing to make.
And the church it's just butthurt that the Neuschwanstein house under Shuli is challenging them and their power.

Damn... so good...

Thank you so much for translating this!

wdym let you go for now?? is the creepy priest after shuli or the family ???? i'm so confused.

Dex-chan lover
@Rollo - No. That's why heretics are supposed to burned at the stake for profaning God, the Church, and their vows.

Users who are viewing this thread