A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 61 - Epilogue 5 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (6)

How many thus shit chapter left? Please tell me, my heart can't take this anymore . Did the cardinal die miserably?

Dex-chan lover
Oh my GOD I had to catch my breath multiple times this chapter... it was so sad, yes, but the way Nora and Shuli were drawn! So beautiful and delicate with flowing hair and fabric wowow and the contrast in colours too 😭😭 The artist is incredible whew

Dex-chan lover
>:'(
I don't understand whats going on but I am hurt and sad which timeline is this? Did i miss something?

I need to reread the epilogue but I don't want to run the gauntlet again. . .

nvm i just need to read @Zetazich comment (thx btw).

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation! This is one of my favorite series, and is often complex.

There are a few places that are confusing in this translation - mostly, places where I believe the subject of a sentence has been misattributed. "You/your" where it should be "she/her" or "he/him" instead - for example, in that scene at the jail, I'm fairly certain the guard is describing how Albrecht has been unresponsive since being arrested to the vice captain of Neuschwanstein's guards, Everett, who is the visitor.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jeremy is mourning his *mother* (Shuli), not his lover. 😅

I *LOVE* that Nora fell in love with Shuri in the original timeline, even though it's clear their encounter didn't make nearly as big an impact on Shuli, since she doesn't remember meeting him in their first life. And that panel with adult Nora and Shuli is TO DIE FOR.

Ohh, the heartbreak of never seeing his love again, except from a distance, only to have to investigate her horrific death... :( :( this entire epilogue has been incredible!

Bruh, this flashback of the previous timeline is absolutely wrecking my soul. The relations between Shuli and Nora is so tragic.....

so he just.. falls for her for two lifetimes,, the unknowing devotion 😳😳 i was right to root for nora from the start. the crown prince just gave off bad vibes yknow? even from the start

my heart is aching

@saku_mochi: "the neuschwanstein who longs for his dead lover" is
jeremy. my understanding of the chapter is that this is from nora's point of view and he's retelling the events [to shulli? you know how sometimes you talk to the dead in grief??] that have happened after shulli's death, and that one of the rumours that have spread is that jeremy - as the new neuschwanstein marquis - had gone half mad because of her death. which is partially true, as it seems jeremy really had loved shulli - as o'hara suspected, which was why the whole "you can't attend the wedding" bit happened - but knew his place as her step son so he never made a move. but since he tried to strangle o'hara during their own wedding ceremony at the news of shulli's death, it seemed the rumour that shulli was jeremy's lover spread too.
:'D i hope that helps

@saku_mochi: "the neuschwanstein who longs for his dead lover" is
jeremy. my understanding of the chapter is that this is from nora's point of view and he's retelling the events [to shulli? you know how sometimes you talk to the dead in grief??] that have happened after shulli's death, and that one of the rumours that have spread is that jeremy - as the new neuschwanstein marquis - had gone half mad because of her death. which is partially true, as it seems jeremy really had loved shulli - as o'hara suspected, which was why the whole "you can't attend the wedding" bit happened - but knew his place as her step son so he never made a move. but since he tried to strangle o'hara during their own wedding ceremony at the news of shulli's death, it seemed the rumour that shulli was jeremy's lover spread too.
:'D i hope that helps

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Zetazich
Damn dude, thanks for the explanation, this makes things a lot clearer.

It’s so tragically sad and angsty and maddening. Normally I would Have never want to read something like this but I can’t stop myself from reading this epilogues like things suddenly became a lot deeper and everything started to hit differently now. I know this is just a manhwa/novel but I could really feel the longing and love Nora feels for Shulli. Its so tragical and beautiful at the same time. 🥲 I really wanna read the novel TT. Like I’m broke but I wouldn’t mind starving myself just to get an English copy of the novel.

🤧 when is the nova x shuli arc!? I need some happiness please! 😭😭😭

Group Leader
this whole epilogue thing has so far ruined my soul.
this is really well-written and well-drawn damn

Dex-chan lover
If the man can hire assassins' to murder an innocent woman then surely he isn't above sacrificing an innocent ally or two (hundred) --- scoff
That dark knight Nora x Shuli picture was lovely.💖

Also. I didn't know Jeremy felt that way about her ( ̄_ ̄|||)

Thank you for you hard work

Dex-chan lover
I could never get invested enough to feel sad in what ifs. Imagine if this comic started with this instead, since it seems like it's extending to the point where the male leads burns the church to the ground. And then the time travel happens.

Users who are viewing this thread