A Story About Being Attacked by an Armed JK - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
"This is bad!" What do you mean? You avoided death AND had sex!

The idea of "sniping" is an excuse for needless drama-- I shouldn't have to risk the tyranny of a singular bad scanlator because of it, and barring bad scanlations, there's multiple ways to skin a cat scanlate.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"This is bad!" What do you mean? You avoided death AND had sex!

The idea of "sniping" is an excuse for needless drama-- I shouldn't have to risk the tyranny of a singular bad scanlator because of it, and barring bad scanlations, there's multiple ways to skin a cat scanlate.
No such thing as a bad a scanalator, just levels of proficiency, I'd rather have a translation of a manga I'm interested in than none or worse, an oficial one that changes stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I'm being held hostage by this hot girl and now I have to bang her to not get shot.

Oh no~

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
No such thing as a bad a scanalator,
There is absolutely such a thing. If you fail at doing even the core work of translating Japanese phrases to their English equivalent (or you deliberately are not doing so), it can't be a "good" scanlation by definition.

I'd rather have a translation of a manga I'm interested in than none or worse, an oficial one that changes stuff.
"Unofficial" scanlators are capable of that, too. I've seen scanlators omit sentence clauses upon which the fundamental understanding of a character hinged. It's especially an awful situation when the scanlation is loose, but not loose enough to tip you off that something's wrong.

The English localization scene overall is more sordid than it has any right to be, despite the many people that stick to doing their job. It houses people that will take "you can't do 1:1 JP->EN translations 100% of the time" and run with it across the ocean.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There is absolutely such a thing. If you fail at doing even the core work of translating Japanese phrases to their English equivalent (or you deliberately are not doing so), it can't be a "good" scanlation by definition.

"Unofficial" scanlators are capable of that, too. I've seen scanlators omit sentence clauses upon which the fundamental understanding of a character hinged. It's especially an awful situation when the scanlation is loose, but not loose enough to tip you off that something's wrong.

The English localization scene overall is more sordid than it has any right to be, despite the many people that stick to doing their job. It houses people that will take "you can't do 1:1 JP->EN translations 100% of the time" and run with it across the ocean.
Difference between an oficial and a fan made one is that the fan one doesn't charge me for poor work and since it's free I'm much more forgiving towards those things.

Users who are viewing this thread