Ability to filter within your own library

Adding advanced search functionality within your own library. Both as a binary “in library or not” and also as a library status “plan to read” vs not.

User story/use case: as a reader I want to be able to search for comedies with a rating of 8 or higher that are in my plan to read section.

Upvote 34
Supporter
This is the one feature that would elevate 'dex from excellent to near-perfect. I've got 6114 series in my library as of this post and right now it is faster to give google vague prompts to try and find a given series than having to trudge through dozens of pages and hope the cover art hasn't changed.

Dex-chan lover
I actually was gonna suggest/request a sorting function for the library myself. Being able to sort and look through all the titles I follow would be a huge help in keeping track of things.

Aggregator gang
This is the feature I have been missing most after the rewrite. I used to sort my library by last updated. Now I just scroll past my last updated feed where I see the same titles updated multiple times over different pages which is very inefficient. Obviously besides my case, i see a lot of use in filtering libraries.

Supporter
This, I already did have to "search" through my whole library for a single manga multiple time and it was a pain, and I am at "only" 1200 titles, I stopped using the reading statues for one-shot as it just fill you library and started using the "re-reading" one for the 10/10 stories because my memory for name is atrocious even for the thing I really like :dogkek:

sometimes I forgot an interesting title being already in my library. This function will help a lot

Dex-chan lover
I want to sort by least to most chapters. Wanna go through my backlog by finishing the short series first

sorting, filtering, and searching within your own library would be really great.

Dex-chan lover
I have some doubts this will happen
:haa:

I wonder if the stagnation here has something to do with a technical reasoning, like too many joins for the sql request.

dear god please let this be a thing, w/o it, it just makes the "library" more akin to a unhelpful haphazard pile of books instead of an actual "library" when looking for something

Users who are viewing this thread