Accounts compromised via phishing sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very minor thing, but I noticed that "lose" is misspelled as "loose" in the 2FA setup prompt (the bit about recovery codes). I really appreciate that MangaDex offers 2FA--boggles the mind that many websites with far more valuable targets still don't.

It`s sadden`s me that this kind of problem happens 🤧

this has cause distrust between users who, genuinely wish to be friends with other users of this site 🤮

this is one of the site where manga enthusiast from all over the globe can freely express their thoughts (and i must add = not being rude) about the manga they read and love,

and also be friends with the people that read the same title, for the point of exchanging opinion about the titles, chapters, so on and so forth 🧐

the ones responsible for creating this problem in the first place should be ashamed of themselves 🤬

please stop creating distrust and thwarting unity upon the users specifically 🤗

mangadex administrator have more than enough problems to deal with, regarding with the maintenance of this site 😰

please do not add another problem on their plate 😭

I read the hitoribocchi 2fa tutorial and it mentions Google's 2FA. But Google 2FA has 4.0 score on play store and there are complaints like you lose your phone you lose your acc due to no backup option from google. Instead, Microsoft's 2fa app has 4.7 score, but I don't have a microsoft account.

What app do you use/recommend?

I've only made one post on this website until now, so I was very surprised to see a random friend request. Read this thread and checked the sender, and sure enough there was a suspicious link in the profile. Rejected the request immediately. Thanks for the heads-up.

So happy when I saw I had a friend request pending. Only to see the user already banned when I checked out the profile..
Recieved a few scetchy messages lately too. So excited when that notification icon shows up, only to be spam..
So lonely :D

to anyone who can answer my question, i need some help 😅

is anyone experiencing this type problem:

" I tried sending a message to a friend, that has approved my account.
We have been exchanging messages via mail for a while now, but after the stated problem occurred, i cannot send anymore messages to my friend 😭

i also cannot send any messages to any new friends <that has not approve my account>, but before this problem occurred, it can be done"

is this related to the current problem or not 😫............... please help, if you can,
i really appreciate your response in this matter 😉

and, my i account has not been banned <it still is the same since the first day i registered the account> 😄

thank you for reading 😋 and may you not be having the same problem as i 🤓

I got a friend invite, and i was like, oh someone must have seen a comment i left and wanted to be my friend, next i had to re log in on my laptop and i saw this.... :( ima check my stuff now

I got one too, i thought someone wants to become my friend and accept it. I didn't realize the status was banned. Is it safe that i just block the user instead of unfriend it?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@dummyaccount12345
I apologize for the late reply. Real life has been kicking my butt!

There is no danger in actually accepting the request. I made that recommendation because unfortunately, not everyone is able to discern suspicious links from legitimate ones. These "friends" can and will send you PMs with shady links in them. The best practice is to not accept their friend requests at all.

@Zephyrus
Oh, thank God! I did accept one such friend request (I figured that if someone wanted to be friends, why not?), but then I read the announcement so I was rather worried (I immediately unfriended the person for good measure). Thanks for clearing that up (and, yeah, advising people not to accept it is indeed the right call; some people probably wouldn't be able to tell whether a link is shady).

Anyway, don't worry about the late reply; I completely understand! Real life can be (and, sadly, often is) a pain in the ass.

Power Uploader
I almost lose my account today. I entered the site through a link on google and just realized it was fake because it took too long to log in.

@HermesPasser if you're talking about m*ng*dex.to the same happened to me, but I had the presence of mind to change my passwords the moment i realized it was not mangadex.org.....apparently it's a phishing site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread