Act-Age manga creator Tatsuya Matsuki arrested on suspicion of committing indecent act with minor

Group Leader
NHK reported on Saturday that act-age story creator Tatsuya Matsuki (29) was arrested on suspicion of committing an indecent act with a girl between the age of 10-19. NHK has not reported on any further details at this time.
Source- ANN, NHK

Edit 1- news has been updated on nhk website

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1292024187121307648?s=19
It has now further been confirmed the victim was in Junior High (12-15 years of age). The incident occurred on June 18th, around 8pm. Matsuki touched and harassed a Junior High girl. Approximately 1 hour later he similarly harassed another girl. After the police received a report about the first incident, he fled by bicycle. The Metropolitan Police Department analyzed security camera footage and came to the conclusion that both cases were connected. Matsuki, admitted to the charges himself.

Edit 2-
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1292019286802800640?s=20
Act-Age Volume 13, which was originally set to be releasing on October 2nd has been removed from the Shonen Jump release schedule for that month.

Contributor
...Well, this certainly won't lead to hasty conclusions and mob mentality before concrete evidence and verified facts have been gathered.

Dex-chan lover
i mean, when was the last time a mere suspicion would lead someone's life downhill?

Contributor
@justforthelulz To be fair; the fact that there’s been an arrest made generally means that there is some evidence for this. Whether it holds up in a court case, we shall see. Though, I don’t think the police would go around arresting people for no reason. At least...they shouldn’t.

Either way, Act-age is trending #1 in Japan cause of this. The damage is happening right now and it’ll have finished before we get an official ruling. Wouldn’t be surprised if people stopped buying. Nor would I be surprised if Jump quietly shelved it via cancellation or hiatus so that they aren’t seen as associating with an alleged pedo. Nor would I be surprised if Viz Media straight up discontinued the English releases and never filled the gaps.

It’s a seriously unfortunate situation l, especially since I’ve heard very good things from many people.

Dex-chan lover
well, the least we should do is to be like this guy
EtZOuux.png

Dex-chan lover
Well, I don't care for Act-Age to begin with, so this won't really affect me at all.

Dex-chan lover
Good thing I didn't/don't like Act-age in the first place so I don't feel as bad and betrayed as when Rurouni kenshin's author was caught as a pedophile.

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
Tatsuya Matsuki: i just need a bicycle I can socially distance on and all my hobby needs will be met.
So had been planning this for a long time huh

Dex-chan lover
A high percentage of people arrested in Japan admit to charges because of intimidation and psychological torture by the police officers. I wouldn't get in it but they might have caught the wrong guy. Let's pass judgement after the victims confirm it was him or not and the courts declare him guilty. https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/10/japan-forced-confessions-wrong-convictions-161010084400226.html

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz It's over. The court of reddit has issued it's verdict: https://old.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/i5wbg5/news_actage_author_comments_made_before_the/

Dex-chan lover
Guys, they have video footage so it's really hard to find him innocent 😐
I do think he's not guilty at first, but they have evidence. It's quite painful to see a great series get cancelled because someone doesn't think further about their actions 😑

Let's pray for the artist to get better job 🙏
(Fyi, Act Age has different author and artist)

Users who are viewing this thread