Add change username feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, there are no way to change username directly(The only way I know is contacting the mod/dev of the website). Maybe try to add it so people can easily personalize their profile. If it cause the server to be burdened heavily, maybe try to add some limitation like you can only change it after 1 week or maybe 1 month. The only problem maybe with the tagging feature(@ someone) since it need to be modified to be the same as the new name for the profile(will give load to the website for searching and changing, but I don't know how it implemented, shouldn't be a big problem). I don't know about the group, uploader, author, artist name but if it's implemented with user id as the key there should be no problem with changing name.

Double-page supporter
Why didn't you think before creating your account/profile?

Double-page supporter
> sometimes, people do regret their decision
And there's ability to change your username by pm'ing admin. Exactly for these "sometimes" :D

I made this suggestion because it will be easier than to manually change it for each time someone want to change their username.

Why didn't you think before creating your account/profile?
@BzzBzz I do think before creating my account which username will be used. Is there something wrong with changing username?

@BzzBzz sometimes- just sometimes, people do regret their decision.
@hazzack Well I do agree some people regret their decision, but not with the case of my username. I just want to change it to fit all of my current account.

https://mangadex.org/thread/202918/1/#post_1503601
My guy its called using google literally the first entry.
@sterven Yeah, I know that method, that's why I suggest to make it automatic so the mod/admin/dev can focus more on other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread