[Mainsite] Adding cover images to new entries is a buggy mess

Double-page supporter
What is supposed to be a simple data entry operation turns into a never-ending nightmare while trying to add a cover image to a new manga entry.

Sometimes it accepts the simple .png file and sometimes it doesn't and when it doesn't, it always gives me the error 'Manga Entries must have at least one Cover in the original language' even though I clicked the 'The cover is in Japanese language' toggle multiple times despite it being applied by default.

I go back to my drafts, and try editing the entry again, attaching the same file but now it either shows that there are two covers after refreshing, or there isn't any and it won't accept my new image, taking at least 2 solid minutes to ingest and then spits out the following error 'Not authorized to set a Manga primary Cover'

Adding a cover image to an entry should not be this hard, and should not be this random.

Group Leader
The cause for that is that you're selecting a specific cover as the one to display while creating the new entry. Just upload all the covers and create the new entry, then you can edit it and select the display cover afterwards. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Double-page supporter
The cause for that is that you're selecting a specific cover as the one to display while creating the new entry. Just upload all the covers and create the new entry, then you can edit it and select the display cover afterwards. Took me a while to figure that one out.
That is such a counter-intuitive way to do this. And what if there's just one cover for a oneshot? It automatically becomes the default cover, and keeps bugging out.

Group Leader
That is such a counter-intuitive way to do this. And what if there's just one cover for a oneshot? It automatically becomes the default cover, and keeps bugging out.
From what I tested the error only occurs if you specifically hit the star icon on the cover image before creating the new entry. Even if the series only has one cover as long as it's unchecked the error won't happen.

Double-page supporter
From what I tested the error only occurs if you specifically hit the star icon on the cover image before creating the new entry. Even if the series only has one cover as long as it's unchecked the error won't happen.
Thanks for your help. I followed your advice, it seems to work just fine but it isn't as straightforward as it looks like or should be, all it does is add extra steps and wastes time. The MD staff should really iron out the issues in what is a really vital part of Mangadex.

For the people of the future that might stumble upon this thread, for entries with just one cover, if you want to avoid getting errors, just do this : Start draft - Fill whatever info you have - Don't add an image - Save your draft - Go back to 'Your Drafts' - Click on your manga draft and add your cover image - Click on save and let it load - It will give you the error 'Not authorized to set a Manga primary Cover' - Go back to your manga draft - Click on the 'Refresh Image cover' option - If its there, then back out to 'Your Drafts' and you can now submit it but if it doesn't have the image after refreshing, try adding the image again, it will definitely be there this time.

Users who are viewing this thread