Aikagi-kun to Shiawase Gohan - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Bag Holder and Bubble Tea

Double-page supporter
ong boba lit like i be takin every girl i go out with to boba atleast once. Shit fire (also theres a video online of a white bitch who thought boba was "black culture" and said that the asians working there were racist. then proceeded to call a black man nearby a coon because he said she was retarded.) just thought others should check it out its funny af

@Flashplayer0CD the video was of a black woman calling a black man the derogatory phrase. People in Taiwan were confused as to how black people would be taking Taiwanese culture.

Contributor
Dude could probably take on some of the lower-to-middle-difficulty food challenges in his area.

Double-page supporter
@jimmchanga diff video ik the one ur talking about tho but in this one you can see the girl talking and yelling how she would expose them and you can see her hand

Dex-chan lover
god I miss Boba tea, but the only one in my area is at the mall 😭

Dex-chan lover
Ah I hope this dynamic shifts soon, can't help but feel like he's leeching off her for now with all the helping himself to her bread and milk.

Fed-Kun's army
@jimmchanga @Flashplayer0CD
The cultural appropriation she is referring to is the name of the shop, Trap Tea. Apparently “trap” is associated with black culture, so she assumed the store was owned by black people, and i think she’s essentially accusing them of misleading people to get business from the black community.

To get back on topic, I can totally relate to him being addicted to boba. I hope it goes into their background a little more, since I don’t quite understand why he refers to himself as her pet. Maybe he’s a freeloader (though he has a job, but he can’t pay any bills?!) but “pet” just is odd.

Double-page supporter
@tenshineko isnt associating the word trap with black culture more offensive? I mean she called a black dude a coon in the vid so it wouldnt surpise me if she meant it offensively.

Fed-Kun's army
@Flashplayer0CD - I'd think so, but apparently it's a term that's been embraced. I had to look it up since I wasn't familiar with it's associations (when I hear "trap" I think of the manga definition which is obviously a *little* different 🤣) The person taking the video was black, so I don't think she meant it offensively, she just thought they purposely used the term to steal business. Apparently there's another tea shop (owned by a black woman) that uses the term "trap tea" as a hashtag, and she thinks it was stolen from her (she might be suing). The whole thing is a bit confusing because the shop's creative director is black and helped them build their style (and presumably suggested the name, since the owners are Indonesian and I'm not sure they'd know the term). I chalk the mess up to the whole world being on fire these days.

Double-page supporter
@tenshineko ohhhhhhh we talkin bout dif videos cuz the one i saw the lady holding the phone was white. And when i hear trap i think trap house cuz i used to be a runner for a trap but thats not the best thing lol. Also idk the bitch was dumb af lmfaooo

Users who are viewing this thread