Akuma Koujo - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Group Leader
Bit late this month since I've been visiting relatives for the last couple weeks, but yeah overall I feel like the manga has been getting better as time goes on. Based on what I've seen, the sales are picking up a bit too so I'm hoping it doesn't get the axe lol. The sales for the manga haven't been super great, but it's not a horrible flop either so there's a decent chance that it won't get the axe..and it helps that the LN is doing pretty well (In fact Akuma Koujos LNs sales seem to be outperforming Saikyou Survival's LN sales..of course Saikyou Survival has far FAR better manga sales, but that does mean we will likely get a english adaption of the LN at some point

Dex-chan lover
Always offset vocatives with punctuation. A school old man is not a thing.

Do not confuse the genitive second-person pronoun “your” with the contraction “you're”.

Dex-chan lover
I would love it more if she reveals/it got revealed to the family that he accidentally forced himself into a contract with her LMAO

Please don't get axed T-T

Dex-chan lover
Well since the story is getting more coherent rather than jumping around it probably improved sales. But I still can't help shake my head at their choice of skipping multiple volumes. Effectively, they intentionally crippled their manga sales by not starting at vol 1 and starting with one of the more boring and confusing volumes

Dex-chan lover
Well since the story is getting more coherent rather than jumping around it probably improved sales. But I still can't help shake my head at their choice of skipping multiple volumes. Effectively, they intentionally crippled their manga sales by not starting at vol 1 and starting with one of the more boring and confusing volumes
Wait can you elaborate further... They skipped volume 1. How tho

Group Leader
Wait can you elaborate further... They skipped volume 1. How tho
The manga started on Volume 1 of the remake/sequel WN, which is volume 5 overall. The manga has so far gone through all of volume 5 and about half of volume 6.

(Although they went through volume 5 in a really weird way since they jumped around in the chapters instead of going through them in order)

Double-page supporter
Wait so the past life she’s talking about is just the initial WN volumes they skipped? That’s kinda insane ngl, but does make me want to actually check it out. I didnt mind this jumping around and being kinda incoherent, because I thought it was being intentionally mysterious and it was decently compelling that the MC is just no-selling all this weird shit and also sometimes rampages herself. Kinda sucks that its probably more just glossing over things they don’t want to explain because of this huge backstory lol

Dex-chan lover
Wait so the past life she’s talking about is just the initial WN volumes they skipped? That’s kinda insane ngl, but does make me want to actually check it out. I didnt mind this jumping around and being kinda incoherent, because I thought it was being intentionally mysterious and it was decently compelling that the MC is just no-selling all this weird shit and also sometimes rampages herself. Kinda sucks that its probably more just glossing over things they don’t want to explain because of this huge backstory lol
Not exactly...

you mostly get a prologue of how mc dies as yuzu with little information and wakes up as a soul as she wanders a weird plane eating spirit monkeys. She then meets the black panther who takes her in.

At one point she gets pretty much caught up in a summoning circle and wakes up as yuru in a medieval fanatasy world. She is a daughter of a dukes mistress

Event spoiker, dont read if you plan to read the novel
The real wife of the duke makes a plot and eventually has yuru kidnapped. Then she tries to have her sacrificed to summon greater demons. Yuru freaks out and is scared until she realizes those said greater demons were what she calls "monkey snacks" and that is when she learns her status as one of the peak of demons

A few volumes later,when facing another demon goes between dimensions. And losses her memory and awakens yuzu. And most of the volume is spent on her every day life. Up until the incident when she gets kidnapped which is pretty much the best of the boring arc

Of course since you know about her more, you arent confused by many elements like what is with that seeweed or what a demon is. Not to mention the novel is more linear in events where manga just junps to random scenes without context

Anyways, you should read the novel. It is one of the highest rated jp novels on novelupdates

Double-page supporter
Not exactly...

you mostly get a prologue of how mc dies as yuzu with little information and wakes up as a soul as she wanders a weird plane eating spirit monkeys. She then meets the black panther who takes her in.

At one point she gets pretty much caught up in a summoning circle and wakes up as yuru in a medieval fanatasy world. She is a daughter of a dukes mistress

Event spoiker, dont read if you plan to read the novel
The real wife of the duke makes a plot and eventually has yuru kidnapped. Then she tries to have her sacrificed to summon greater demons. Yuru freaks out and is scared until she realizes those said greater demons were what she calls "monkey snacks" and that is when she learns her status as one of the peak of demons

A few volumes later,when facing another demon goes between dimensions. And losses her memory and awakens yuzu. And most of the volume is spent on her every day life. Up until the incident when she gets kidnapped which is pretty much the best of the boring arc

Of course since you know about her more, you arent confused by many elements like what is with that seeweed or what a demon is. Not to mention the novel is more linear in events where manga just junps to random scenes without context

Anyways, you should read the novel. It is one of the highest rated jp novels on novelupdates
Thanks!

Contributor
Grammar issues aside:

Pg 3: it is “Shijuuin Kako” (じゅ is Ju, or Jyu in some romanisation schemes, not “Jiyu”) and it is Tougaki (とうがき) Yuzu, not “Toukaki”.
Pg 14: “nt body” should be “my”
Pg 18: I don’t see where this clunky “12 period hour-glass” is coming from when 砂時計 is just plain hourglass.

Users who are viewing this thread