Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Ch. 7.2 - War Begins (2)

Dex-chan lover
from the WN, i do remember ariamel...

will become crazy and die horribly if she didnt meet with grey after being picked on as saintess, thats why isuka goes around hunting the hero to avenge her death in the OG scenario
at least the hero is a good boy, since he's also another victim of bigger conspiracy from the church

so yeah, they kinda deserve the chopping/beating here

Dex-chan lover
Cause they aren't actual mercs. These guys are private army of the church
They should be fired on the spot. These are the saddest private army mooks I've ever seen. I wouldn't pay them to guard the fucking toilet.
Even if these are the greenest of privates, there should be a limit to incompetence. And why would you even send the dumbshits of your personal private army to abduct a citizen of a foreign country? The Saintess, no less?
Corrupt religions are supposed to inspire anger, not disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
No, we know aramiel and the boy (i forgot his name) were the original protagonist of the story based on gray's recollection, aramiel in this case is the saintess and one which the church is struggling to fake a substitute (unlike the hero) so they are hunting her down
I'll have to reread, then. I remember Grey is training Isuka and Fio to survive as adventurers, but don't remember that part about Ariamel.

Last edited:
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
I'll have to reread, then. I remember Grey is training Isuka and Fio to survive as adventurers, but don't remember that part about Ariamel.
It is sprinkled as a vague side-story during the early chapters of the novel. In fact, it's kinda described as a vision, but never fully indicated whether it was a vision or an alternate what-if timeline. Basically

the author tacitly describes a kind-of vision where Isuka raids the church, kills everyone inside and fatally wounds Ariel the child hero. Before killing him Isuka asks him whether he knows about Ariamel and if he had something to do with her death. In the novel there are a lot more details, and it's implied that Isuka is taking revenge for all of the kids, implying he's the only one alive. Without Grey, the series would be a dark and gritty revenge story.

Since the novel doesn't specify it's a premonition or a what-if story, people have just assumed that it would be what would've happened if Grey never showed up to screw with the timeline.

Dex-chan lover
It is sprinkled as a vague side-story during the early chapters of the novel. In fact, it's kinda described as a vision, but never fully indicated whether it was a vision or an alternate what-if timeline. Basically

the author tacitly describes a kind-of vision where Isuka raids the church, kills everyone inside and fatally wounds Ariel the child hero. Before killing him Isuka asks him whether he knows about Ariamel and if he had something to do with her death. In the novel there are a lot more details, and it's implied that Isuka is taking revenge for all of the kids, implying he's the only one alive. Without Grey, the series would be a dark and gritty revenge story.

Since the novel doesn't specify it's a premonition or a what-if story, people have just assumed that it would be what would've happened if Grey never showed up to screw with the timeline.
I see. Since I only read the manga, I never would have come across this. I did a speed reread, but still didn't come across anything like this; just the names of Isuka and Fio, and that Ariamel was worried about their choice to become adventurers. I may have to go over it again to be sure.

Double-page supporter
It's very obvious that Gray only looks at her as a kid AND IT SHOULD STAY WAY
If anything, the real people that need to fear getting Gray's death glare are any boys thinking they're good enough to be in a relationship with Ariamel once she's of age. The guy looks like he can dust someone's bones and probably would if they were remotely shady.

Dex-chan lover
I see. Since I only read the manga, I never would have come across this. I did a speed reread, but still didn't come across anything like this; just the names of Isuka and Fio, and that Ariamel was worried about their choice to become adventurers. I may have to go over it again to be sure.
it's also included as a bonus chapter in the manga. It's just not translated.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @Electromaster
  • (Mostly, a few speech bubbles lack punctuation at the end.)
  • p6 Night Mist Hawks -> Night Mist Hawks.
  • p6 bound by the law -> bound by the law.
  • p7 hard to swallow -> hard to swallow.
  • p11 waiting to be attacked anyway. -> waiting to be attacked, anyway.
  • p13 Don't go leaving your trash lying around -> Don't go leaving your trash lying around.

Dex-chan lover
These are some really low quality mercenaries, if they even are one.
  • No Intel on Gray at all, which is dumb since he has a reputation, both good and bad
  • Pathetic acting
  • Tried staring down a B-class, Gray no less
  • Not even hiding that peek into the house
  • Baseless and useless assumptions
  • Openly talks about the details of their covert operations
  • Weak
They're so bad that it exceeds disappointing and goes to infuriatingly pathetic. This is like watching bumbling idiotic noobs.
Grey actually straight out calls them out on it but it went over their head. They probably simply asked around, found a Girl with her description and went straight there without gathering any more information. Considering the shiny, seemingly standardized gear and the inexperience in such matters I say there is a snowballs chance in hell these are Mercenaries, those are soldiers. Specifically Soldiers with a proper budget.

Fed-Kun's army
It's very obvious that Gray only looks at her as a kid AND IT SHOULD STAY THAT WAY

I read the light novel and the interaction between Grey and Ariamel does have boundaries (As it should). Ariamel does have tendency of wanting to be spoiled. Sadly some people think they are close in "that" way. One time Emilia spent the night in Ariamel's room and the web novel describe the atmosphere between Ariamel and Emilia as tense.

Soon the Hero will live with Grey and he caught Ariamel going to Grey's room at night. This has caused a misunderstanding as the Hero gets awkward when he sees Grey and Ariamel. Fio noticed this and asked Grey why Ariamel goes to Grey's room at night and its because its to help the kids use the restroom at night. Later in the story, the Hero's childhood friends were rescued and now lives in Grey's home. Ariamel offered the new guest her room while she can sleep in Grey's room. The Hero's friend was shock by this and Isuka asked Fio to clear the understanding. Fio responds by saying "Well, it may not be a misunderstanding eventually. Sorry for Emilia."

Fed-Kun's army
2d-kinda-looks-like-lets-fucking-go-ball-in-this-art-v0-e9fpp4b3s8rb1.png

Users who are viewing this thread