Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.2

Contributor
More often than not, WN were treated as early draft when it became LN. There probably have editor involved to make the novel read better in book format instead of serialized chapters.
Apparently not much changes in the LN though.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure, but does the LN have a different path? I remember reading the WN and I don't remember Alicia seeing Eumilia as a black mass of smoke.
Your comment doesn't really need spoiler tags, and neither does my reply so i won't use it for this.
I read the web novel mostly, but there she's seen by alicia as a dark abyss darker than night (basically the mythical shadow people you hear about on paranormal shows), the manga probably just translated it as black smoke, the main hint that the manga might go a bit differently than the WN is the fact that alicia is less hateful here.

Dex-chan lover
Your comment doesn't really need spoiler tags, and neither does my reply so i won't use it for this.
I read the web novel mostly, but there she's seen by alicia as a dark abyss darker than night (basically the mythical shadow people you hear about on paranormal shows), the manga probably just translated it as black smoke, the main hint that the manga might go a bit differently than the WN is the fact that alicia is less hateful here.
Wouldn't the difference between manga and WN because manga follows the LN? I know nothing about the LN version of this though. Still, it's not uncommon for LN to add or even change the events from WN

Dex-chan lover
Ah, She's still just so freaking adorable. I actually don't mind her cluelessness. For some reason this level of dense is fine for her but if I see a male character do it I want to slap him.
I think its because of Patrick, he is aware of both her denseness and his own feelings as well as feels like he should be strong enough to stand on an equal level with her. All of that leads to him not actually being as pushy as female party members in most shonen stuff. He shows his feelings more subtly so her denseness is more believable.

Also she is dense to all of existence and not just romance

Double-page supporter
I honestly don't understand this world.
You can get up to lvl 99, why isn't getting to lvl 99 a primary objective for everyone's life?
"But it is hard and dangerous" yet in a world like this there should be programs or even be a family duty to grow the child untill they can hunt for themselves in low level dungeons. That most people enter school at lvl 1 is unimaginable for me, especially with agressive wild animals, that they call monsters, being normal to encounter if one even think of leaving the city.

Thanks for the translation!
Power-leveling requires a certain mindset most people don't have. Such as forgoing the revival item and equipping xp up instead. In addition, Eumiella is a dark-type, which gives her advantage against everything but light-types. She is also the "hidden boss", so her base stats are even higher than regular people. And she played the game, so she knows all the most efficient levelling strategies.
The real monster is Patrick, who decided to power-level following her advice so he could match up to her ideal man, without all her advantages.

Double-page supporter
whats the importance of being an reincarnator in this story?
She knew how to power-level herself to lvl 99 because of playing the game.
I'm not sure, but does the LN have a different path? I remember reading the WN and I don't remember Alicia seeing Eumilia as a black mass of smoke.
I think in the WN Alicia referred to her black hair a couple of times, so I don't think she saw her as a mass of smoke. She did feel the dark attribute though, I seem to recall, and that made her hostile. She was convinced Eumiella WAS the demon king because of the timing of the prophecy and her dark attribute.

Dex-chan lover
She knew how to power-level herself to lvl 99 because of playing the game.

I think in the WN Alicia referred to her black hair a couple of times, so I don't think she saw her as a mass of smoke. She did feel the dark attribute though, I seem to recall, and that made her hostile. She was convinced Eumiella WAS the demon king because of the timing of the prophecy and her dark attribute.
It’s thanks to being a reincarnator that she knew how to power level and get to level 99 in the first place.

Would it change anything if the story began with her being lvl 99? Since she reached it almost off the bat? Because she achieved it almost immediately and it didn't appear the time spent leveling had any lingering impact on the story up to this point so why not have this story just be her start at 99, not a reincarnator, but the same personality?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Would it change anything if the story began with her being lvl 99? Since she reached it almost off the bat and its
That's not exactly true, she spent 10 years in story hunting monsters, as for would it change anything, yes it probably would, eumellia in the original story was level 1 like alicia and was treated fairly badly it's implied (some of this might be on her part, not much is mentioned), eumellia being level 99 means that people fear her in a different way, but also won't try to mess with her, so being overpowered benefits her in that it keeps the idiots from bothering her (except the real idiots like alicia and the trio).

Group Leader
It's already drifted a fair bit off WN.
Like the maid poisoning her didn't happen at all.
We also get Alicia showing 'why' she's afraid of Eumi but also make efforts to befriends her.

At this point I'm not sure they can even go for that scene in the WN where
Alicia backstabbing Eumi right before demon lord fight
They still can, if i remember well, the idiot male harem put Eumi as a common enemy and Alicia had no other way but to hate her
That ship sailed a good bit ago, it's already pretty much set in stone after the demon king part.
ACTUALLY... She still misunderstood mariage party for patrick's lv99 party, she was still misunderstanding it when she tried her "moon jump" :kek:
spoiler is good, but inline spoiler is cooler :meguupog:
PS: what is this cute creature in last page? It looks like a certain dark attribute lv99 girl, but i can't be mistaken, she's way too cute for that role!

Dex-chan lover
They still can, if i remember well, the idiot male harem put Eumi as a common enemy and Alicia had no other way but to hate her

ACTUALLY... She still misunderstood mariage party for patrick's lv99 party, she was still misunderstanding it when she tried her "moon jump" :kek:
spoiler is good, but inline spoiler is cooler :meguupog:
PS: what is this cute creature in last page? It looks like a certain dark attribute lv99 girl, but i can't be mistaken, she's way too cute for that role!
But that is part of the fun :).
Remember this is eumellia we're talking about, power of a god with the denseness of a black hole:kek:.

Dex-chan lover
We don't know yet, i'd say it's 50/50.

If it follows the novel, the demon king will resurrect, alicia will stab the mc in the back (literally) and the demon king will kill alicia and everyone of her idiots except the prince, who has mellowed on eumellia at that point, of course eumellia does survive but considering the weapon used against her might as well be her kyrptonite, patrick's gift to her being a scapegoat/proxy doll whatever the revive after death item that most of them use.
Since i'm spoiling stuff anyway she isn't kidding about patrick's level, by the time the demon king subjugation happens, he's already surpassed everyone except eumellia in the kingdom, being in the 70's if i remember right.
For what it's worth all of this happens in the first volume, we still have a few events to go but then the demon king should revive.
Intentionally or part of the the miasma thing she's dealing with now?

Edit: NM, reading more of the comments answered my question.
Does seem like this might take a different path than the WNs then.

Dex-chan lover
Power-leveling requires a certain mindset most people don't have. Such as forgoing the revival item and equipping xp up instead. In addition, Eumiella is a dark-type, which gives her advantage against everything but light-types. She is also the "hidden boss", so her base stats are even higher than regular people. And she played the game, so she knows all the most efficient levelling strategies.
The real monster is Patrick, who decided to power-level following her advice so he could match up to her ideal man, without all her advantages.
Not exactly, using the xp up just makes it faster, there is nothing stopping one to keep the revival one and just take a few years more to reach lvl 99, which would not be a problem if they started levelling when they are 7 or 9 yo. Patrick gets to 99 in about 2 years so without the xp up it could be feasible to reach lvl 99 in 7 years using the revival item and going on level apropriated dungeons. Levelling has nothing to do with itens just time.

Dex-chan lover
Intentionally or part of the the miasma thing she's dealing with now?

Edit: NM, reading more of the comments answered my question.
Does seem like this might take a different path than the WNs then.
It's too early to tell really.
The thing is alicia started acting nice to eumellia before betraying her too, so it might still happen, the main difference so far from the wn when it comes to her is she's acting nice earlier and was less hateful in general so far, so it's 50/50.
As i'm spoiling stuff anyway let me clear something up, the "demon" king isn't really a demon, so no miasma or brainwashing involved, the demon king is basically the strongest (before eumellia) black haired black eyed magician known to have ever existed and as such is a human, sealed away by the "hero" and "saintess", who he at one time was a ally of but who they, like alicia, stabbed him in the back and betrayed him, so he waged war against the kingdom and the royal family as revenge, seeing humanity as never accepting him and thus he'll just end it all, he's actually a pretty tragic character and is kinda a glimpse of what the og eumellia became after the backstabbing and betrayal.
And no he poses no threat to eumellia, the first one to really pose a threat to her doesn't show up until volume 3.

Users who are viewing this thread