Amai-san wa Tsumetakute Amai - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Misato-san Chapter 9 vs Amai-san chapter 24

Which is worse?
Dosanku Gyaru had a worse confession weave (if one could even call it that). You guys are weenies.

I didn't even want to drop the manga, man-- it was pretty and charming, but that weave game left me deflated. Absolutely diabolical work.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
ikr, i know this progress is disappointing but the saltiness made the brain of some people here into a mush that can't even remember the last girl lmao
And it's only been 4 chapters since she was introduced!

Dex-chan lover
68AAcx8.jpeg

yup, this will go 200+++ chapter before the real confession. damnit :angery:.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that sucks. Still, let's not forget the translation issue here. Presumably, she said "Suki", which means "I love you" but at the same time, doesn't, because it technically just means "I love" and can be used in sentences with, like, other stuff, as in "I love sticky toffee pudding". This has allowed this huge, annoying tradition of mangaka pulling this maneuver where the character says "Suki" and then chickens out and sticks some vaguely plausible sentence-finisher in. So I mean, it isn't quite as stupid looking in the original Japanese.

. . . But it is still pretty stupid and has become this huge cliche. Maybe it was a semi-clever move the first time someone did it, which was probably in medieval Japanese literature.

Users who are viewing this thread