Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - Desire

Banned
Ive been reading yuri for now over 16 years and this is what i call "modern yuri". It is the best running title right now and its incredible. It has almost no drama, an if it did, it was important and got resolved in two chapters. It is full of fluff and has everything you read yuri for. The author is clearly an yuri fan themselves and they draw it for fans. You can appreciate it as a first time work but you will truly see the importance of Anemone wa Netsu o Obiru if you are a veteran. I love it more than most things in this world.

Dex-chan lover
That was one of my favorites chapters. It really touched me. I hope it all works out, I am so looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for translating

Dex-chan lover
As much this is going to end up with riri x uda, I hope it doesn't happen. Riri is head over heels for the president which won't come to fruition but I also don't want Riri to settle with uda as some sort of consolation prize, instead hope she ends up with someone else even if it's going to break Uda's heart.

Dex-chan lover
"I love you." "I know that."

That never sounds good.
Yes it just looks fine because of the drawing but irl it sound awful and you will look like a martyr.. in our country its what you called to a person who is blinded by love and even though its hurting them they refused to let go.

Though I'm glad it didn't damaged their relationship

Dex-chan lover
i sure hope this wont turn into Otome no Teikoku's Shizuka and Mio trope. though Riri dont give off that attitude.

but who knows

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That backstory made Riri even more unlikable in my eyes. She even admit herself what she's doing was useless and borderline obsessive. Hell she was second away from wishing for Nanjou being rejected so she can console her. How can you pretend to love someone when you can't even wish them happiness?

Honestly, the way Nanjou responded to her constant aggression show just how mature she is. The nurse just got herself a gem of a girlfriend. I hope, for Uda's sake, that Riri will get a massive redemption arc. Otherwise, saddling Uda with Riri would be a crime against all things Yuri.

Dex-chan lover
I think the teacher x Nanjou x Riri stuff is so far a weak part of this series. We don't get to see any upsides to these relationships, only downsides. We learned nothing of consequence about Riri in this chapter either.

Unlike the case of Sayaka's iconic unrequited love for Touko in Bloom into You, Riri x Nanjou don't have a confidante relationship, a friendly rivalry, or any other interesting dynamic. Uda x Riri also have more going for them by the virtue of (1) Uda being already well developed through her interactions with the main duo and (2) them having gone out together to have fun. But I would see it as an improvement even if the series simply committed to Nanjou x Riri, and gave them stuff to do together, instead of this aimless walking in circles.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think the teacher x Nanjou x Riri stuff is so far a weak part of this series. We don't get to see any upsides to these relationships, only downsides. We learned nothing of consequence about Riri in this chapter either.

Unlike the case of Sayaka's iconic unrequited love for Touko in Bloom into You, Riri x Nanjou don't have a confidante relationship, a friendly rivalry, or any other interesting dynamic. Uda x Riri also have more going for them by the virtue of (1) Uda being already well developed through her interactions with the main duo and (2) them having gone out together to have fun. But I would see it as an improvement even if the series simply committed to Nanjou x Riri, and gave them stuff to do together, instead of this aimless walking in circles.
In my opinion, it's way too drawn out (Riri Arc), its not like there's any sort of ambitious relationship.. She's been rejected more than once very clear and dry, what else does she need in order to stop interfering with Prez love life o_o Constantly being in Prez's ears with her 'I still love you', has to be one of the single most uncomfortable things in Prezs school life x-x

If she can't grow out of that ASAP, she doesn't deserve Uda at all, not like she currently does x-x

Dex-chan lover
I'll never be into the whole "I love you and won't stop even though I know you don't love me" schtick. Move on, stop making both your lives worse for feelings that will never come to fruition. I literally don't know what I'm supposed to feel reading this chapter, all I feel is annoyed that she's all happy about remaining in a terrible situation.

Banned
These are manga JK's. It is not that easy to move on. People in the comments seem to be some kind of normies that think manga=real life, which is just not true. Riri's feelings are genuine, and genuine feelings are hard to shake off, especially since she holds them for two years now. Learn to emphasize on a deeper level or just stop typing comments.

Power Uploader
Page 9: Bashfully walking past a blooming sakura (symbol of love/youth/opportunity) with thoughts full of love and hope.

Page 23: Dejectedly walking past the same sakura that’s no longer blooming, like all opportunity is now gone.

The symbolism is so good. Metaphor masterclass. I don’t usually notice this kind of thing but was really impressed by it this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
you want riri to be a perfect person it's lowkey kinda crazy. like obvs she's gonna have her flaws and shit, liking someone who likes someone else. now why we pity uda whos also in a similar situation?

Users who are viewing this thread