Ascendance of a Bookworm Official Comic Anthology - Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - The Aub's Sneaky Plan! - Amasawa Akira

Dex-chan lover
Quite a few potential references. Spoilers from...any and everywhere:

One of Ferdinand's own trusted aide casually crossdress to gather information.

Reference to dragon quest series where your remaining alive character will drag around coffins of your dead allies around.

The being dragged in a bag to pretending to be dead 'might' be referring to the moment when Wilfried dragged Rozemyne around on her their baptism.

She was very dead at that moment tho.

She make a few later on using research data on an ancient magic doll of similar design.

Although she made hers to be for combat...and by all accounts those things SHRED.

(then Ferdinand made a whole squad of them as supplement to her rather few aides for her new status)

Dex-chan lover
I completely missed the point of the joke with the fingers...:thonk:

Would have been funny to see Myne blithely ignore all of the costume attempts, though :02:

Dex-chan lover
Quite a few potential references. Spoilers from...any and everywhere:

She make a few later on using research data on an ancient magic doll of similar design.

Although she made hers to be for combat...and by all accounts those things SHRED.

(then Ferdinand made a whole squad of them as supplement to her rather few aides for her new status)

I've only read the web novel, is don't know if it's different in the LN
I thought the army of combat related dolls was made by Myne (at least it was her idea and the dolls were probably made by her aides) to proect Ehrenfest's Temple before setting out to attack Arensbach to save Ferdinand. But the orginal goal was to make an army of dolls to help her manage a libary.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I miss Sylvester's wacky side. He doesn't get much chance to show it in more recent novels.

Dex-chan lover
I've only read the web novel, is don't know if it's different in the LN
I thought the army of combat related dolls was made by Myne (at least it was her idea and the dolls were probably made by her aides) to proect Ehrenfest's Temple before setting out to attack Arensbach to save Ferdinand. But the orginal goal was to make an army of dolls to help her manage a libary.

There's at least mentions of 2 sets of them:

The first proper doll-copy (and not just magic tool in the shape of shumil doll) are the ones protecting the temple during the invasion you speak of.

After that whole thing got resolved and into the start of the sequel we hear about the new squad made by Ferdinand.

If there's more library-management dolls, it's not mentioned yet.

Users who are viewing this thread