Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Fed-Kun's army
What's frustrating isn't Hiroko being scared/turning her down, it's perfectly understandable and relateable.

What's frustrating is knowing the story is about them getting together, when Risa is right there, and honestly better in every way.

Already Ayaka's friend, similar age, understanding and compassionate, apparently a good employee, willing to set aside her feelings for Ayaka's benefit, proud to be herself and not scared of stigma and hatred.

Dex-chan lover
I ... i don't know anymore, people saying she's better off with Risa but I just could not care less

Dex-chan lover
Well, contrary to commun belief, that chapter was great. Hiroko let Ayaka down as gently as Ayaka let her do it. Risa decided to fight instead of giving up without trying. And Ayaka finally looks like a young girl that's too brazen for her own good. Please continue Author.

Dex-chan lover
Please, just tell me we won't get 10 follow chapters of Ayaka desperately trying to chase after Hiroko, cause its really not worth it, especially since Hiroko has been taking 100 Years to notice (Actually only did cause Risa told her and even then she went 'It makes it almost sound like it's me') and her doing nothing more than hurting her the entire Time.. unless Hiroko grovels before her and actually makes an effort, I'd rather sink that god damn ship myself, even if I have to get some Icebergs >_>

Dex-chan lover
I'm a little confused.. You can see people in the background when that confession is being shouted. You would think they're busted anyway? Is there any point in trying to hide it now?
(page 16 and 18)
Anyway.. Go Risa! :win:

Dex-chan lover
another chapter of "blah blah im a coward blah blah please feel bad for me" from Hiroko, huh. She's tearing this poor girl's heart to shreds out of petty fear. Sure, its a big fear and probably warranted, but all Hiroko has is excuses. I miss the early chapters when it was a fun romcom between the densest woman on the planet and the least useless woman on the planet.

Dex-chan lover
Alright author how are you gonna force these 2 together in less than 10 chaps at this point?

Dex-chan lover
Finally. I feel better about Hiroko (minus the part where Risa ALSO flat out told her how Ayaka feels and still was a dumbass for reasons)

What she said at the end was all she needed to say from the start when she was questioned the first time

EDIT: Just to be a little more clear, I still don't like Hiroko. During that meeting with Ayaka she didn't give her a chance to respond. Didn't ask Ayaka's opinion about keeping it quiet while at work, just decided for her. So while I like she explained her reasoning, one-sidedly deciding everything on her own still irritated me.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
i see mixed opinions here but, gosh, i love this story. it’s definitely frustrating but, cmon, it’s a story; there has to be frustrating and complicated drama! it’s killing me, and i’m so glad it’s being updated again.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least she was mature about it. Kudos.
But I can see why Ayaka won’t really accept this, because at the end of the day this mindset is harmful to Hiroko herself. :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Well that eased a lot of concerns over these two. Only thing is I wish Hiroko gave Ayaka more time to literally say anything in their meeting. She just kinda started and ended the conversation without letting Ayaka talk. True, Ayaka has kinda been talking this whole time, but like man that felt so forced and one-sided.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes, a man's patience starts to wane and all he wants is to just throw his shit at the screen.

I am about to reach that state. Man, I love angst but... Com'n!

Double-page supporter
Y'all have some serious issues. Hiroko isn't a bad person, in fact she's portrayed as a very caring boss at work. She's just worried about being outed at a workplace that's been her decade+ long career, in a culture that's notoriously traditional. Yes this sucks for Ayaka, but Hiroko doesn't owe her anything, especially not when it makes her uncomfortable. You're all acting like Hiroko not returning someone's romantic affection is a grave sin instead of a sad result of realistic mental hangups.

I'm just happy Hiroko already made this much progress from a few chapters ago, though I'm also hoping for the sake of this manga's pacing that they work this out quickly.

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least she finally cleared things up, even if it requires being confronted multiple times by multiple people…

Addendum:
A lot of the discussion here seems to either still blame Hiroko for being stupid/inconsiderate (even though she was the opposite) or that Ayaka should move on to someone else (mainly Risa).
While yes, at this point she should really just move on. Shipping her with her best friend isn’t really that cool considering she can just like Risa as a friend.

I guess the main conflict stems from the fact that we know Hiroko really likes Ayaka so that’s why it’s a bit frustrating that she chose the most professional (yet insecure) route.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread