Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Guys..... just because Risa is stronger mentally than Hiroko, and is probably a very healthy and suitable partner for Ayaka.... doesn't mean that Ayaka likes her at all in that way lol. I think everyone here is just exasperated with Hiroko, but she's literally trying her best. She's 13 years older than Ayaka and she's definitely experienced a different society outlook than Ayaka. She's also a bit more jaded it seems, despite being a "womanizer". So honestly, I can't fault Hiroko for always playing the defensive. I just feel sad for her.

I'm very happy that Ayaka is so strong and gungho about chasing after Hiroko because while Ayaka doesn't have to, she will definitely slowly help Hiroko work on her inner fears. No one has to do any work for anyone, but when you're as in love as Ayaka, you'll keep trying because you want them to accept you and you want to properly convey your feelings to them in a way they understand. From experience, you might regret this after a break up, but in that moment.... you won't regret trying at all. So don't feel bad for Ayaka lol.

Dex-chan lover
I think my personal hangup is that, at least to some degree, Hiroko DOES return the affection, at least enough to tell her bar buddies(and the bartender) about her fair skin and big breasts(and the thirteen year gap). Its frustrating because it feels like Hiroko is so used to living a lie that all she can do is lie. We're seeing baby steps in progress for her being more truthful with Ayaka and herself, but as some other commenters said, this "arc" feels SUPER long despite being like, 4 chapters. Also, Hiroko not understanding that she is the target of Ayaka's affection immediately after she outs herself, despite Ayaka plainly stating so a few times with strong declarations of love, feels a little silly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my gripe, and probably more than a few people's gripe, is that this manga veered hard from funny to frustrating and it feels bogged down.
That's a fair point, but I think the tonal shift is a part of the story working toward a resolution. It's like a three-act story structure where the first act is lighthearted, the second act is tragic, and the third act is escalating tension into resolution.

It's comparable to the Star Wars trilogy. If this current arc is "Han Solo gets frozen in carbonite and Luke loses his hand" then the third act will be something like "Ayako teams up with a village of teddy bears and blows up the death star/gets laid."

Dex-chan lover
I'm confused. Did Hiroko only figure it out now? She's really experienced but still that dense?

Fed-Kun's army
I'm a little confused.. You can see people in the background when that confession is being shouted. You would think they're busted anyway? Is there any point in trying to hide it now?
(page 16 and 18)
Anyway.. Go Risa! :win:
They are in the station cafe and not at their work place

Fed-Kun's army
Finally. I feel better about Hiroko (minus the part where Risa ALSO flat out told her how Ayaka feels and still was a dumbass for reasons)

What she said at the end was all she needed to say from the start when she was questioned the first time

EDIT: Just to be a little more clear, I still don't like Hiroko. During that meeting with Ayaka she didn't give her a chance to respond. Didn't ask Ayaka's opinion about keeping it quiet while at work, just decided for her. So while I like she explained her reasoning, one-sidedly deciding everything on her own still irritated me.
It's her "relationship", if she doesn't want it than It's her right to one-sidely decide that she doesn't want it.

Fed-Kun's army
Well that eased a lot of concerns over these two. Only thing is I wish Hiroko gave Ayaka more time to literally say anything in their meeting. She just kinda started and ended the conversation without letting Ayaka talk. True, Ayaka has kinda been talking this whole time, but like man that felt so forced and one-sided.
And that's exactly how Hiroko wanted it, because she HAS feelings for Ayaka and every word she says could sway Hiroko's decision.

Users who are viewing this thread