Bank in Itally Stoops to Plagerizing My Hero Academia to attract Customers

I learn about this last night and thought it to be funny. 😄

So apparently this bank in Italy posted an ad and on that ad are four characters running to the bank, but it turns out those characters are from My Hero Academia, but with their hair, clothes, and possibly skin complexion completely photoshoped (nice editing their). This ad was posted on a reddit for all to see, but the bank soon took the ad down. I would imagine it's likely due to the possibility of the bank not wanting to risk getting into trouble with Shueisha/Kōhei Horikoshi with everyone catching on to the fact they clearly were using characters from someone else's work. You can still see the original ad on the reddit page it was posted in:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BokuNoHero...45b2c5da89&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=ciyjpg

So far the bank nor Shueisha/Kōhei made a comment on this matter, but I would say the bank did get some attention with the ad, but not what they were expecting I imagine. In the future they really should think twice before stooping to plagiarizing other's characters.

This reminds me of the amount of ads for little businesses in Mexico that have Goku or Mario.

I remember seeing a picture of this one ad that promoted the upcoming episode of Dragon Ball Super in which Goku would face off against Jiren. Dragon Ball is really big in Mexico, as well as Latin America I believe.

I also recall seeing a picture of a restaurant which I believe is located in Mexico (I do not remember but somewhere in Latin America) that feature Goku carving out a thick piece of meat. I believe the restaurant was name after him.

Users who are viewing this thread