BEASTARS - Vol. 15 Ch. 133 - The High Tide Swallows the Beach's Sand

Dex-chan lover
I'm not really caring for how he's handling the traits & genetics for some reason.

The backstory doesn't seem to add much to the perspective either, but I suppose it's 'cause I'm just not interested.

Dex-chan lover
AAAAHHHHH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! She's still hot, damn it!! I've come to terms with being a furry, sure, but with Legosi's gramps, and now his mum... I think I might have a thing for reptiles... Sigh
Many thanks

Group Leader
Discord community link

https://discord.gg/Xv7sMEP

While it is not right to commit suicide and leave behind Legoshi [Rather this is not full story yet], this allow us under stand why she felt compelled to do so.

In her early life, Leano identity was conflicted between the nature of a Hybrid. So when it was assumed there no hybrid nature and she saw the simplicity of being a wolf, Leano changed her identity to that as a wolf. Notice the effort she did so that she studied about how to be a wolf [normally don’t need to study their own species].

However, when her established identity was changing involuntary, that would freak anyone out to depression. Especially when she dependent on popularity to be the school’s Idol.

If her hybrid nature did not come later, in that she was mixed at the start [some fur and some scales] would have been fine in life as she would have adapted to hybrid nature, which would have been part of her established identity. It isn’t that she doesn’t want to be like Gosha, but the change in identity .

Heck, if grandma did not die [assumed childbirth or something], then having support from a wolf in the identity changes would have been better.

In a way, her situation was worse than Meron. To lose one identity vs not establishing one that would have worked.

Knowing her backstory allows us to understand Legoshi more as well. Per chapter 85, Legoshi knows why Leano committed suicided, which this chapter identity change is enough to explain. So most of Legoshi’s actions not to stand can be link this: if he does change, lose his fur like his mom, better not too dependent on that identity. Make as few friends as possible in case he himself does change.

One of the themes is about Nature vs Nurture. Nature seems to be resolved, and Nurture can prevail. But then Nurture also its down sides, since Nurture is what helps establish one identity…

Love Legoshi’s face when he hears parents sex life and how he was a one stand.

While I would say poor Gosha, I wish he did more silent ninja guardian over Legoshi, his last family member… instead of just trusting him because he family.

Btw, found age plothole: Current Year is 2018 since Legoshi was born 19-Apr-00 and just turned 18. Chapter 103 Said Gosha and & Grandma Hook up 36 years ago, for year 1982. Assuming Human pregnancy of 9 months [human based and need to use condom like humans], I assume Leano was born in 1983. So Leano should be 16 when Legoshi was conceived, and 17 when Legoshi was born. However, This chapter say Leano was 19 when Legoshi was conceived.

Dex-chan lover
She tried her best to fit in and in the end it just didn't work out for her... Can i give her a hug plz

Double-page supporter
I think i understand more why legosi's mother take a suicide. She want to be remembered as a beautiful greywolf before the scales shows more. You can even stretch it that she did it for legosi too, so he can life normal life as Greywolf, not as quarter-hybrid.

Also we know now that legosi not sociable despite belonging in canine family is because of his reptile trait.

All in all, good chapter that explains a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Is this "everybody is reptile inside" kind of conspiracy theories lol

Dex-chan lover
So she was a conniving bi*** (and not in the good 'female canid' way) who was completely ashamed and terrified of the only parent she had? I'm really not liking the mother.
How the hell did Legosi come out so well balanced? Did she have nothing to do with his life and just left him to the grandfather?

Side note. Now I'm really curious about how a rabbit and wolf hybrid will come out. Rabbits are omnivorous, so the diet shouldn't be all screwed up like the gazelle/cat hybrid.
I remember reading a short shifter romance series where the two main leads were a bear and a rabbit. And shifters turned into an animal the correct size. Crossbreeding didn't matter, because it would end up as a 50/50 chance at either parent's animal.
The catch was that the bunny's grandmother was a very rare and extinct species of tiger that had a gene that turned her tiger into a smilodon... And the 'bunny' inherited it, lol. So when she shifted, she was around 600 pounds of rabbit, with all the kicking capability scaled up. She was 'just a bunny' who could probably kick in the armor of a tank :)
A bunny with Legosi's build and mass would be hilarious. Especially since the rabbit is a 'dwarf' breed.

Group Leader
@Avenger88id
Also we know now that legosi not sociable despite belonging in canine family is because of his reptile trait.
Not even that. Leano had to look up Canine traits

And Legoshi may not want to be sociable since if he know many people and started to have fur change to scales as well...
Better to have no friends then to have friends leave you if you change

Dex-chan lover
@YyAoMmIi
Maybe. But most of Legosi's friends were dogs. And they're very loyal. So I doubt it was a risk.

@ReaperCreeper
Probably because Legosi is so mellow about practically everything. its hard to get worked up when the one experiencing it just accepts and moves on, lol.

Aggregator gang
So as he gets older he will grow more reptilian like, slowly gaining scales?

Group Leader
I can't recall; does Haru know about Legosi's ancestry? Because, if Leano's komodo ancestry started asserting itself at 19, Legosi's right about that age (18) for it to be kicking in. Jack knows, and I think he told the rest of the canine crew about it offscreen. Herbivore/Carnivore relationships are tricky enough, but toss in reptilian into the mix... what's next-- Haru has aquatic ancestry (which appears to be even more unusual by their standards)? A polar bear and seal as two of her grandparents on opposite sides!

Yafya and Gosha's age still throws me off; they're both confirmed to be 51 and 54, respectively, but they looked like they were in the same year and planned to graduate together until Gosha wandered off.

@YyAoMmIi Legosi was born April 9, not 19. (c120) Other than that, I also got Leano giving birth at ~17. I'm guessing the editor noticed that after and raised a flag that it may not fly well for various markets.

Dex-chan lover
@nfzeta
You mean did I get that she was so terrified of being different or ostracized that she faked her entire life? Up to, and including, telling her loving father that she was going to hide his existence?

She became a completely false persona just to 'fit in'. And when she got her first scale, suddenly decided she wanted a kid she obviously doesn't have the maturity to raise. Considering Legosi's personality and mannerisms, it sure looks like his grandfather raised him and not the one who should have.
All leading up to whatever event is going to make her suicide, leaving the kid behind.

Yeah... I'm sure I'm totally wrong in disliking her for being a scheming, fake bi***.

Users who are viewing this thread