BEASTARS - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - The Physiology of Taste

Fed-Kun's army
This is entering into some darker territory than I expected. Yknow, when I started reading this manga, i really didn't expect it to get half this graphic...

Banned
Little does he know that his dinner comes with a surprise filling.

Hope he likes the taste of stag-spooge.

Fed-Kun's army
...yeah, @tanukihat . seems kinda like Lookism with animal cast, lol. well... almost,

highschool life turns gang fight, :'v . it kinda feels more interesting that way, lol

Double-page supporter
Former meat cutter weighing in here: In reality, meat gets worse when the animal is frightened before it’s killed. The given description of the physiological response to fear is pretty accurate, but it makes the meat tougher than it would be otherwise. It’s easiest to identify veal and pork where the animal “saw it coming,” it will be a much darker red than usual.

Who knows though, I guess it could be better for lions. It would taste more similar to how it would if they hunted the animal. The character has other strange ideas about what makes meat good (the white fur thing), so it makes sense from a narrative standpoint. Then again, why wouldn’t you want more tender meat?

Users who are viewing this thread