Biryuu Enshoutan ~Jikokouteikan ga Gekitei na Dragon-kyuu Bishoujo Maou o, Yuusha ga Icharabu de Taijisuru Ohanashi~ - Ch. 18

Double-page supporter
Screenshot_2024-02-29-00-31-02-674_com.android.chrome.png

...ain't nothin' but a heartache

Dex-chan lover
Why is it always idols, stop showing them into every fucking manga please. Like come on now, this is not even a isekai.

Dex-chan lover
The serf should pick up the stick from the ground and use that?

I see what you did there mangaka san 😛

Dex-chan lover
dridol is objectively a stupid-ass name and the author should be ashamed of it.

Also fuck idol bullshit and the need to shove it into everything. Idol culture is trash and I don't want it anywhere near stuff I'm enjoying, even if that something is a somewhat trashy/mid fantasy story that only has "sexy demon/dragon queen shenanigans" going for it.

Dex-chan lover
Why is it always idols, stop showing them into every fucking manga please. Like come on now, this is not even a isekai.
I share your disgust, but I have to point out that since the addition of the prince two chapters ago this is now a universe with isekaied people.

That said, the last three chapters feel really weird. Whole thing reeks of "author ran out of ideas, start throwing random shit at the wall and let's see what sticks".

Dex-chan lover
I share your disgust, but I have to point out that since the addition of the prince two chapters ago this is now a universe with isekaied people.

That said, the last three chapters feel really weird. Whole thing reeks of "author ran out of ideas, start throwing random shit at the wall and let's see what sticks".

I agree. This feels like either the author is out of ideas or the readership is slipping and in a panic the author starts chucking a bunch of random story ideas out there in a desperate bid to see if one catches the audience's interest.

Aggregator gang
So when you're writing, and you want to write a twist of some kind, its really important to make sure what you are twisting TO is More Interesting than what you are twisting FROM. This means above all else you should avoid the Twist being that actually everything is (COMMON_CLICHE), or that your Twist results in an interesting part of the Setting actually not being real.

This is why most people hate the 'It was all a Dream' ending. Because it usually involves taking an interesting Fantasy World and saying 'whoops, none of that ever existed, you were dumb for getting invested in it.' You're twisting From an interesting setting to a boring one. This is the criticism people had about that one Shyamalan movie where it turns out they were actually in the modern day, it may have answered the questions of the setting but it did so by taking the more interesting setting and just discarding it in favor of the boring old mundane world.

I say that because when the Prince first explained his reasoning I was actually interested in him. Because he basically seemed to be a bog-standard Isekai Protagonist complete with Maid Harem, who KNEW he was a bog-standard Isekai Protagonist complete with Maid Harem and decided "That's Boring". He seemed to understand that a character who has had everything handed to them on a silver platter is lame, and I legitimately wondered how he would twist that. Would he support the actual Protagonist directly because he felt a Rise from Rags story would be more interesting? Would he actually act the part of the Villain to help give Mirio a dramatic triumph when he eventually won? Would he sit back and just enjoy the show or try to sow chaos?

Nope.

He's just another bog standard narcissistic Overpowered Isekai Protagonist, complete with Maid Harem.

Kinda Lame. Especially since this Manga has been pretty good about having interesting twists so far.

So we got an isekai antagonist. I'm not sure if that's been in before in a way where the protagonist is actually from the world itself. But it's a first time for me. Only other time I've seen an isekai antagonist is with an isekai protagonist

Users who are viewing this thread