Black and White - Tough Love at the Office - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - White & Black

Dex-chan lover
The author’s art is so fucking nice to look at.

Anyway, this was certainly a ride. I didn’t hate it. Didn’t love it. I do think the neutral ending is fitting. Some good messages to end this one on.

But still definitely looking forward to the next manga from this author. It’d be nice if we could have a wholesome story without the drama but I guess that’s their style.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Feels like such a neutral and natural ending.

Many people who've left toxic corporate structure would later admit that leaving was the best part and now they are happier than they ever used to be.

Thank you for translating the entire thing! Hope there's more to come! :salute:

Dex-chan lover
I think it's why i found the ending a bit off. It's almost too peaceful and calm of an ending for this serie that it throw me off.

While I was certainly hoping for something bombastic to happen to Junko at the end. But after "Ayaka-chan wa Hiroko-senpai ni Koishiteru", the other manga by the same author. I didn't expect anything outrageous to happen.

So, while it feels a bit like a copout, at the same time it actually fits the author's narrative.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this have nothing to do with revenge, it seem so wrong to see this as some kind of revenge.
Clearly not the theme of this ending.
Yes, exactly. Junko wishes it was revenge. She wants the fight. In reality it's apathy and someone who has moved on long ago. Any kind of revenge plot from Kayo would have defeated the point. That would be exactly what Junko wanted--another tit-for-tat.

This is how it had to end. Kayo literally couldn't be bothered. Sometimes it's better to walk away from a fight and move on with your life. There's a lot of power in that and people definitely miss that. This is the most anti-Junko ending you could imagine. A complete rejection of her worldview. So complete that she's left dumfounded.

Because Junko didn't win, unless you've fallen into the trap of thinking like she does. Kayo doesn't think like that anymore and doesn't even consider that there's something to be won any longer. She's happier now and that's the best ending.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think it's a great ending – Kayo has learned that winning isn't everything and that she can build her own happiness out of good relationships with the people around her, while Junko has walked into a pit of vipers that represent a far greater threat to her than Kayo ever did. Her punishment, put succinctly, is being Junko.

Double-page supporter
That was a fun read. It's good to see an ending where someone accepts their loss and completely moves on. Pretty sure Kuroda also realized how toxic that company's upper management was as a result, so this must be hilarious to her in retrospect and she probably realized how stupid it was that she bothered to fight for a spot in that company to begin with. It's like her whole world opened up.
Meanwhile Shirakawa is still stuck in that hellhole and doesn't even realize it. She is completely bewildered by Kuroda's acceptance.

Thanks for translating this series!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation.

I'm gonna be honest, as absolutely toxic as they were together I was still praying for an ending where they got together. They were my emotional support abusive relationship. The ending works but it doesn't do anything for me. Looking forward to the authors next work.

Users who are viewing this thread