Blue Lock - Vol. 12 Ch. 99 - Assassin and Ninja

Dex-chan lover
Isagi got silenced. But the power creep is going off the rails now. A ninja? Seriously? Hope mangaka tones it down a few notches before this goes the way of Prince of Tennis.

@Sonaldo
I don't think we'll reach the sheer level of O_O Prince of Tennis eventually became; it's hard to top swinging a racket so hard you tear a rift in space. That said, I think the ninja thing is just a gimmick to summarise his skillset, same way they called Karasu an assassin.

As for power creep, we've technically already peaked at game-winner levels with Rin(I guess he forgot he can literally score from kick-off), so now it's just about creating scenarios where the opposition in question can always shut the attacker down before they can flex. A difficult task given the combination of some players should really be game-winners by default, but we can only hope that the solutions are at least creative.

Dex-chan lover
@Sandpaper
Yeah like honestly. One of the reason I started to enjoy this manga compared to other sports manga are the semi realistic aspect of football they applied but still keeping the chuuni edge, satisfying both the football enthusiast and inner kid inside me. I mean if this is what people that didn't even made it to the national levels are capable of, what monster awaits them in the national team they'll be facing? This chapter seems like the start of how this manga is turning into Kuroko no Basket 2: Electric Bugaloo football edition.

@RaijinWolf
Someone in the chapter literally said that guy is a real ninja. I mean Rin scoring from kick off is still kinda believable since I still see them being done in Sunday league football every once in a while. Plus if he does it here most probably someone from the other team are gonna sense what's he's gonna do and do a on the line clearance. Regarding the creativity, I mean the mangaka have done a good job of it previously without magic ability (the trap matching the four eyes speed using his first touch, Isagi exploiting Barou run, Kunigami knuckle ball) but this chapter is bad. Like love the idea of trapping the assasin guy with 3 man pressure but ninja like movement complete with technique name? That just screams Prince of Tennis.

Fed-Kun's army
With their ability I don't understand how this pair group come third place in 2nd selection.

I think Mangaka want to show other ability for Isagi to get his surround first. Since that assassin guy mark him. I think him can act as decoy to help the team win:D. I hoping Isagi can crush that assassin guy since I don't like the way he crush weak player thoroughly during the match. That is too cruel.

@Sonaldo
I caught the "he comes from a family of ninjas" line, but I am going to adamantly believe it was meant as a "haha get it, he moves like a ninja because he's a descendant of ninjas" type of thing. I really, really need this manga to stay on the rails, it's so close to being great that it's already the best football manga imo, and it's got that Kuroko no Basket vibe so I know it could blow up and get wide appeal, meaning no sudden cancellation.

This could be really big, as in "animated by Production I.G" big. It just needs to stay on track, keep it grounded, and not start talking about "The Pinnacle of Perfection" like it's some kind of Ultra Instinct(I mean really, the secret to the power boost was just having fun? I'm dead).

Sidenote: Genuinely surprised we haven't gotten any talk or signs of a secret mystical state that will spread like wildfire once it gets introduced. So far, the manga has only had players "flaring up" or a specific character-based breakthrough, which is really refreshing honestly. Keep it about improving as players, and not a hunt for Ultra Instinct.

Dex-chan lover
@RaijinWolf
>it's so close to being great that it's already the best football manga imo

Mate. Stop whatever you're doing and go read Be Blues ~Ao ni Nare~ right now. That shit is legit a 1000 times better than this.

>Genuinely surprised we haven't gotten any talk or signs of a secret mystical state that will spread like wildfire once it gets introduced

I'm still on the fence about that considering Ego have been talking about "formula" and shit to Isagi and co since the beginning.

Regarding the anime, I genuinely believe this manga is gonna get an anime. The only question is when. The problem is whether it can keep it popularity. I mean it got great art and serviceable plot. Plus like you said, it has a pretty wide appeal. And just the other day I saw a video of the publisher using a former Japanese national team striker promoting it. It's way too big now to not have an anime planned.

@Sonaldo
>Mate. Stop whatever you're doing and go read Be Blues ~Ao ni Nare~ right now. That shit is legit a 1000 times better than this.

I actually just started reading it an hour ago, I still haven't decided if I'm going to take my time with it or binge the thing over a few days. I'm still really early on in the story and it's shaping up good so far, just going by how they hit me with
the 2 year time jump and how everyone responded in the aftermath
, it definitely seems like it could be better than Blue Lock.

>I'm still on the fence about that considering Ego have been talking about "formula" and shit to Isagi and co since the beginning.

Ah, I hear you. Dude needs to relax, my anxiety starts spiking whenever I see the word "formula".

@Sonaldo
Well we got the match against the world 5 who are all adults over 20yr (except loki) and truly some of the best based on the resume. So it's should be below Kuroko or PoT in terms of power creep, but above Haikyuu for comparison. We'll see it when we got there eventually, but for now, I think BL has an entertaining & respectable enough of power level.

I'll check Ao ni Nare when I have time. Though by skimming it a bit, at least I'd say BL has a better art. The art & paneling of this manga is really great, above average among mangas imho.

Users who are viewing this thread