Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 23 - I Heard Love Talk

Dex-chan lover
Here. And here. This too.

Plenty of physical contact, considering they are very recent friends. Yamada was already hugely popular when the series started, so most of her other friends are likely 'old'. As for the 'secrecy' of their interactions; Ichikawa is hugely antisocial. He intentionally avoids people, by his own accord. Most of their interactions happen when Yamada is also avoiding people, to enjoy her snacks in peace. Thus, not intentionally hidden, it's just the only time they have opportunity to hang out. Also given Ichikawa's withdrawn nature, maybe she thinks he doesn't want public attention. So she humors him, like she would a friend.

I hope they get together, but so far she only treats him as a friend.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
Sorry I corrected myself, I should have said "much" in there and in that extra she didn't touch him, she just got close. I can't check the others really, the chap 13 I guess is when she is trying to see if he stole a candy from her. What I mean is she doesn't have physical contact with him as she does with her friends. she interacting with him in secrecy had nothing to do with Ichikawa being and an introvert, Yamada isn't really a considerate person, like you said, she is an airhead.

Dex-chan lover
@jinter First one, close over-the-shoulder selfie. Second one, yep, she's forcing his hand open to check for candy. Third one, she's practically brushing up against him, almost resting her breast on his shoulder.

True, she isn't very considerate. But like I also explained, the only times they have opportunity to interact is when they are alone. Due to Ichikawa intentionally avoiding social situations with other people. Any 'secrecy' is his fault, not Yamada's.

If she treats him differently, it's more likely because she likes him less, not more. Remember the culture club prep? She was completely ready to believe Ichikawa wrote her name on a grave, since she had to apologize when the truth was revealed. This despite the fact the she had already given him candy(just leftovers, though) several chapters before, something she only does with friends.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
I never said she only shares things with friends. That part proves my point tho, she got close to him to say sorry so only he could hear.
she could have say hello when she saw him at the mall but she waited until he went to buy something to start talking to him, the lady will not talk to him in from of other, maximum she will look at him. You know how long it took for her to talk to him in from of one of her friends? chap 35, and this was only after she was talking about him to them for some time. The lady doesn't interact with him in from of other and there is a reason for that, you are going to know that reason later.
Ah another thing, if her breast touched him, we would have known it, Ichikawa is that type of guy after all.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@jinter Ichikawa was very visibly upset about the grave accusation(lol), and given the importance of social standing in Japan Yamada was probably ashamed as well. For crying out loud, it's bad enough that women have a hard time reporting molesters! Makes sense that she would keep it on the down-low.

She has perfectly good reasons to avoid him in public. He's a very new friend, so not as close. He's a total social outcast, i.e. everyone else thinks he's a fucking creep. He doesn't like social situations, and gets visibly upset. Yamada may be an airhead, but she's not mean. She wouldn't do something she's aware makes someone extremely uncomfortable. She's about to give a total creep her Line in chapter 6, after all. Despite really not wanting to.

About the touch thing. I mean, he literally "ZWOOM"-ed around the corner, and looked like he was having a heart attack. Sooo...

Edit: also, please stop with the spoiler-ish insinuations. I'm talking about what has happened so far, not what will happen.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
That is the problem, I know more about the manga, so I know how they interact, I know when she falls in love with him, like you have said and I have said, she is not in love with him yet but she does like him. Also I was wrong the first time was chap 31 but I don't count that one because of the circumstances. Also she could have just wave her hand or something a small gesture, but nothing, just a look, I mean she knows the dude, he isn't a complete stranger. But no, she did nothing, she waited until he was alone.
about the touching, if Yamada just touching his leg makes him drop to the floor, I think his reaction of sensing a boob would have been greater.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
at his age? I don't believe it.
Also, one more and we might reach the same number of comments as the latest Nagatoro chapter, first for this manga, even if the majority of them is the two of us.

Dex-chan lover
@jinter Chapter 11. They weren't paying attention, but she did talk to him in front of friends.

Still can't load most chapters, getting impatient.😅
I wanna scrutinize every single page. This debate's got my interest flaming.🙂

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
what I mean in front of them is they are looking at them talk, they are seeing them interact.
you can post the pic in here, if you need to.

Dex-chan lover
@jinter Eh, don't wanna clog up the thread with images. During the culture festival, when her friends were 'shielding' her from that creepy senpai. The formation was basically:
[Ichikawa] - [Yamada] - [Friends] - [Creep].
The friends were busy distracting the creep, but Yamada and Ichikawa were right next to them. Not a major interaction, just 'how about that exhibit, huh?'

But this was actually before she started paying more attention to him, i.e. before the tissue incident. I'm starting to see your point, but so far nothing screams 'romance' to me. It's definitely getting there, though.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone That is fine, the manga is about them getting closer and how their relationship develops, so them being overly touchy or flirty wouldn't fit the manga at this point. I wish the group was a little faster so you guys could read the latest chapters, a lot of cute shit in them.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone yo, fuck off. I've never done that. I had even already given up on arguing after the other person said that they still don't think it's true. Not even in any other thread.

I still feel like Yamada is just turning him into her lackey, like the girl in Chapter 1 said at the end. She might develop feelings, but they have no "chemistry" what so ever. They are complete opposites. So either Ichikawa changes completely and becomes a non creep, social outcast or they become a "private" couple. He almost has a meltdown when they interact, he is getting better but very slowly.

Group Leader
I think the fact that there is huge debate or whether or not she likes him, and that it seems to be perfectly plausible both ways,speaks volumes about this manga’s quality

Dex-chan lover
2 months late, but I'll say my bit of thought:
With all the blushing, I thought it was hard to believe anything outside Yamada being into Ichikawa, but after reading some of the comments, I see that their relationship may not be potentially what I thought it was. Emphasis on "potentially". I.E., I've opened to the possibility of that being the case; but currently I just don't believe it. I don't see her treating Ichikawa as a stool, or just someone to pass the time with when she has absolutely nothing to do. I think, like her friends, she enjoys his company. The way she behaves around "pickup-pai" is how she is when she's not interested or outright appalled at being around. There's a certain level of comfort she has around him, and for me, that speaks volumes. Rather than try to put a label on it, I just accept how it feels; and those feelings are ones of a warm fuzzy friendship =03.

Users who are viewing this thread