Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 23 - I Heard Love Talk

Supporter
Holy Crap, look at the claws out, lol. One of the most important things to consider here, in regards to romance, is that these two kids are in middle school; they're both really young, and their ideas of romantic inclinations are pretty limited in scope. I believe the author does a really good job with the "show don't tell" writing style, as it suits this young, budding romance concept. I firmly believe that Yamada is as interested in Ichikawa as he is in her, if not more so; however, both characters are awkward, socially, in regards to this. Though Yamada treats Ichikawa similarly to how she treats her girlfriends, it is only Ichikawa that she chooses to do this with; she behaves uncomfortably when another guy approaches her, especially when she thinks he's going to hit on her. Of course she is not going to be as touchy-feely with him as much as her female pals, that would be highly inappropriate, even in a high school setting.

I would prefer it if the foreshadowing that is not pure speculation was kept to the minimum. I know it adds concrete to arguments, but it also spoils any mystery one might enjoy.

Dex-chan lover
ok, not related to the chapter, but...
I think Yamada likes Ichikawa since before chapter 1, also, i think maybe she eats in the library because of him, i mean, there are other spots, right?

I come from the future in Karte 48. Yamada's sweaty palms are mentioned again & this makes for a fairly interesting foreshadowing.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Aggregator gang
Yooooo, Hara-san is one ruthless girl! 🤣
But it's fine since she's cute.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was all over the place in the best way possible. I forgot this author is good at comedy. I've mostly thought of this work as "WataMote's understudy", a cringefest with some laughs here and some romance vibes there, yet not as hardcore...but there is definitely a big spot for the comedy genre tag for this series, unlike other manga that squeeze the tag in...but only start off funny and ultimately put the comedy in the backseat (Bleach does not deserve comedy tag, sorry... : /)

P.S. LMAO 25 blocked posts in a row holy shit!! Never been so glad to miss out on something before.

Ahhh I really want girlfriend like hara-san
Thiccccc :v

Users who are viewing this thread