Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 5 Ch. 17.4

Dex-chan lover
Well that was... unexpected. I mean I wasn’t particularly attached to Dario, but I was starting to and I loved his back story. The character development and goal change in the end was great as well... and it’s gone. I don’t know. The extra Alan note feels so... extra. He was about to leave on a really nice note until he and his village full of memories got nuked. I also don’t see how the author can change it (but then again, I can’t see the future). Alan was already a mysterious enough character without having to get rid of character who just went through an entire arc and a village of memories we were made to sympathize with. Just feels like a weird and kinda pointless turn for the author to take, but again I wasn’t super attached so not enough to make me stop reading (maybe for others though). Definitely a risky move for the Author to make anyway, so I am expecting a HUGE payoff now (that’s probably the main issue here. He’s hyping up the Alan reunion and “truth” more and more, so if that doesn’t reach expectations then I will have a problem).

Edit (after reading the comment section):
Author: *Kills off Dario*
Comment Section: Say sike. Say sike right now.

@Siquall wait what? I’m sufficiently confused now. Was Dario’s entire involvement and backstory manga original? Because that was really good. Did the original LN/WN author help with this story or is it just the manga author/artist (if the latter he should really just write his own series). Or was it like publisher intervention or something. I just don’t get how they can turn a one off character into arguably the most developed knowing that he gets killed off.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, not sorry.
VQuOq7z.png

Dex-chan lover
errr why is this retard pure evil character called "a hero"?, and why is he so op, that's BS

Contributor
@TNT261

wait what? I’m sufficiently confused now. Was Dario’s entire involvement and backstory manga original?

Yes, this arc in the novel was bad actually. Dario addition here add a LOT of good thing and mystery (especially for Alan).
Dario never had a big role in the WN before it stopped, so it nice to see the story change in the manga, if we can get better arc like this one.

This manga "adaptation" (who will probably pass the original source, like others manga adaptation such as Ore No genjitsu ) has 2 authors (i guess the WN author and a manga author), so they can work together to make the story better than before.

Double-page supporter
DUDE wtf this mother effin author doing this a fluff manga you can just go and disintegrate a precious character like that not coo man not coo

Dex-chan lover
Looks like many things are different from the novel in the manga version.

The Web novel was better, but the fucking author fucking abandoned it...

Dex-chan lover
@Eliminateur have you actually read the last arc? The one where the OP asshole turn out to be a nice guy and then die a tragic death? Or the last page, where Alan vanish saying "this is for the future..."?

Obviously we will get a redention arc, where it will be explained that everything was for a greater good, the author will try to make us feel bad for him and then he will kill him in a tragic attempt to save the world

Double-page supporter
A S S I M I L A T I O N.

Theory: Dario isn't dead... He just got assimilated into the horrific Lovecraftian horror entity that is the "Hero," a concept that takes form when needed.

Sorry but I can't take this seriously, all I can think of is those stupid vibe check memes.

Users who are viewing this thread