Boy's Abyss - Ch. 162 - Comedy

Dex-chan lover
976zCTo.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I already knew that grandma allowed all this to happen to Yuko but I felt so uncomfortable when they were taking a bath together & her stating they’re the same. Once again I wish this town would burn down be wiped from the Earth. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Grandma is a gigantic piece of shit too, we knew that before, but seeing her reasoning for it in the flashback makes it times more fucked up. Honestly it's not the town that is fucked, it's just the everlasting web of trying to taint someone else so you can feel a connection, that spreads like a disease.

Dex-chan lover
Grandma and great grandma are the biggest losers and pieces of molten and rotten turd there. They began all that shit that you'll fail if youleave town all because, please make me remember if i'm wrong, but iirc,it was either Yuko's gma or great-gma who went to Tokyo to try out as an actress, but failed miserably and saddled the Kurose bloodline with a generational debt.

All her misery was passed from gen to gen. Yuko had a glimpse of hope into Akira, however, he wasn't able to read the signs, hints and room back then and ended up pushing her to the point of not return.

Stillo
that shit doesn't excuse Yuko from everything she did to Gen, his bro and Reiji, but this is a nice example on how victims became perpetrators when they lose hope. That laughter is a post traumatic reaction after being let down, left behind and ashamed by her only light. All hope was lost for Yuko since then.

And even if Reiji didn't choke her, shoving a patient who's connected to lots of IV tubes isn't a good idea and his timing was the worst ever tho.

Yuko remembered the shit that was done to her, just as Reiji wished (but he doesn't know yrt, and may get a wrong picture of her laughter). Let's hope if she remembers all the things she did to ReiGen and Kazumaza so we can finally have the mom-son closure.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it's not the town that is fucked, it's just the everlasting web of trying to taint someone else so you can feel a connection, that spreads like a disease.
Agreed, unfortunately it's a more common mindset than one might think.
Live in the rural parts of the southern USA and that mindset is everywhere.
Usually it never goes as far as depicted in Boy's Abyss, but before prostitution laws were so strict, I bet it happened a lot.

Yuko was a victim of horrific abuse of all kinds, and also of her own fears and limitations, which led to her becoming the very thing that scared her so much... it's heartbreaking how often that happens.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. Now I know what the POV of a child abused by a middle-aged pig looks like ig. Poor Yuko.

I won't be callous as to blame Nozoe for it, but that was the tragedy of their childhood: their relationship looked like the one ray of light in her shitty life, right before it became worse, and Nozoe wasn't there to support her because it was all too much and he was just a kid, thinking it was the start of some nice teenage romance. But for Yuko, this is right where she died a little and saw that no one was there for her.

It's maddening that this cycle was repeated on at least three generations. It takes a lot of character, but no matter how shitty your life was, you need to do everything to break it for your children, to give them the luck you didn't have. Not everyone can do that, most people take the path of least resistance and do whatever will bring them "at ease" 🚬

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what to feel, but I am curious as to where this is going.

Users who are viewing this thread