Boy's Abyss - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - A Guide

Dex-chan lover
Sensei's clearly projecting her own issues onto Reiji, I feel. It's interesting that she hasn't taken the hint after Rei blocked her, yet there is a tragic element in that she knows so little about Reiji's personal life and yet views herself as its guardian or protector, very clearly trying to insert herself into it. If she had gone into Reiji's house, she probably would have eventually noticed his psychotic brother, his grandmother with dementia, the poor living conditions, and how his mother is starting to cling to him more and more, nor does she know about his relationship with Chako or Gen and the dynamic at play there. Basically, she's convinced on saving him, but does not fully understand the entire circumstances of his life nor what causes him to act in the ways he does. It's all the signs of a savior or messianic complex, where she believes she's the path to salvation or redemption, not realizing or admitting any wrongdoing herself.

Interestingly, this chapter reflects chapter 27, where he goes out with Nagi, except it serves to underscore a difference in that Chako's jealous is more underscored by a deeprooted concern, Ms Shiba's jealousy sprung as a sense of obligation and due to her desperation to find a man to marry, which sprung to her becoming overly attached. Compare to when Chako listens to the conversation between Reiji and the author and when the teacher listens to the conversation between Reiji and Chako. The teacher is focusing on herself and her relationship, and trying to preserve what she has, and redirects this selfish feeling into making herself the victim. Chako also thinks she's the victim but is quick to turn reveal she still holds Reiji's safety above any feelings of betrayal or contempt she may have had.

Her framing is interesting, too. What she did to Reiji was essentially tantamount to sexually exploiting an underage teenager boy who was in a very emotionally vulnerable state where he would be susceptible to coaxing. Yet, gradually, she's retroactively reframed it to the point where she sees it has her trying to console him, and she keeps justifying her actions, almost to prove to herself that she is moral and just, and that she's not like the people around her, to the point where she is willing to stalk a pair of underage kids in order to try and tear them apart so she can have one of them be solely dependent on herself. Hence why she almost pleads to herself to be willing to let him go.

On an unrelated note, I do like the symbolize of him viewing his hands and touch as bloody, almost like he feels anyone he has intimate contact with is a form of damnation in and of itself and so he tries to avoid getting intimate with others as much as possible, which, given the company he's kept so far, is not a far off assumption. Nagi does not care about who she sleeps with, only that she ends her hollow and empty sense of self. Ms. Nagi is egocentric and has a savior complex and so projects her issues and feelings onto Reiji in order to try and save him form what she views as his damning associations. His mother is whoring herself to his bully's father and has been for years, and he only recently has realized she's as suicidal as he is with some implied covert incest or Jocusta complex. It's very natural that he would view anyone who tries to get involved in his personal life as someone who risks getting hurt or tainting themselves, which is why he's so reluctant to do anything with Chako.
@Richman

Why did the pic for Boy’s abyss go from being rei to now chako??
That’s just annoying.
Even though Nagi is the one who started the suicidal thoughts in rei’s head, I still believe she is the best girl. Hope she comes back soon.

I kinda dont like chako now. I was rooting for her to begin with, since all she seemed to want was for our boy to be happy, and for herself to find a way to be happy too.

Now shes just broken like everyone else. Really feels like every character in this series has a serious lack of resolve to any ideal and action.

Dex-chan lover
Sensei proving once again that she's miles beyond chako, Negi>Sensei=Mother>>>>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>Chako

Fuck chako and fuck chako simps, she's just a whiny bitch.

@Tamerlane

I felt the same about how she views Reiji's suicide attempt. The fact that she viewed him as clinging to her for dear life shows to me she's completely rearranged events in her mind. He asked her for help with one thing, which was dealing with his mom. And she somehow turned that into him being a lost puppy desperate for her help. He never really asks her for help otherwise. He was ready to leave and act like nothing had happened. He stayed because she had a full on breakdown in front of him, after which she asked him to strip down and then had sex with him.

It's pretty amazing how she's restructured things in her head to be "I'm the only one who can save you."

Fed-Kun's army
People do realize that "sensei" Yuri Shibasawa isn't going to step and spit on you if you ask, right?

already put his dick in crazy, might aswell full commit to it

Double-page supporter
This train is derailing fast and I'm all for it, see you next week on "I'm in a dead beat town need to GTFO but pussy is flowin along with some hope"

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Users who are viewing this thread