Buta no Fukushuu - Vol. 3 Ch. 10 - The Face Of The Avenger

Dex-chan lover
how tf you let her escape? it was obvious shed kill the dwarf.

also unrelated. is bullying in japan really this extreme or is it just dramatised? lately i see a lot of bully revenge stories on here
Definitely just an exaggeration. I'm pretty sure entire groups of people aren't getting together to burn down people's houses, especially not because "lol you ugly".

Dex-chan lover
Also unrelated. is bullying in japan really this extreme or is it just dramatised? lately i see a lot of bully revenge stories on here
While there may be some exaggeration, largely no. It's tangentially related, but homeless hunting is a thing over there (it broadly happens everwhere); I've seen the occasional article about it, like the musician who stepped down from the Olympics cause his past caught up to him, or the kids who joyrided and killed a dude in South Korea

Group Leader
also unrelated. is bullying in japan really this extreme or is it just dramatised? lately i see a lot of bully revenge stories on here
I think this series hyper-dramatizes it but it looks like bullying cases have increased year by year with 682k cases reported in AY22 (sause statista.com). There was a survey back in 2013 where 66% of the kids that were surveyed said they were bullied. From some reporting it looks like the staff and admin of the schools ignore it or cover it up even when presented with hard evidence. Supposedly when a case is reported there's supposed to be an independent investigation team assigned but the admin of the school likes to hire their own team to cover their asses. The good ol we have investigated ourselves and have found no wrongdoing. From what I've been reading the ways of bullying, verbal abuse, physical abuse (including being forced to eat random crap), and emotional abuse is pretty accurate. Also Maximum The Hormone has a song called Yoshu Fukushu about how Ryo was bullied for his weight in school.

While there may be some exaggeration, largely no. It's tangentially related, but homeless hunting is a thing over there (it broadly happens everwhere); I've seen the occasional article about it, like the musician who stepped down from the Olympics cause his past caught up to him, or the kids who joyrided and killed a dude in South Korea
Speaking of homeless hunting, there is a student who not just bullied MC, but did homeless hunting in this manga also. You will see him in future.

Oh i dont expect she sourvive. Whats interesting her ability make similar to our protag. Both rely on team coordination. One through enslavement other through same goals (revenge 90% of the time)
What if she become a mini boss hell even the final badgal cuz of that?

Dex-chan lover
This is so stupid writing that I doubt I can keep reading this. It's plain obvious the bitch would ultimately kill the dwarf controlled by her skill, so what's the point of just standing still, not trying to do anything? In the best case scenario, they could have saved the dwarf, but even in the worst case scenario, they would have killed the bitch, even if the dwarf was lost as well. In the end, the dwarf brought it upon himself by getting too close to her.

You might say this is the realistic outcome of becoming an edgelord avenger who refuses to kill the opponent swiftly, but instead uses all sorts of unnecessary ways to make them suffer for a long time. This only means giving them time to come up with their own plots and escape. I guess I should give the author some credit for making that exact thing happen, but at the same time, it's annoying the MC is incapable of learning from past mistakes, so he just keep repeating these convoluted, slow torture executions. Unfortunately I hate foolish main characters, unless they are well-written ones (such as Black Star in Soul Eater or Isaac & Miria in Baccano).

I hope the rest of you can find entertainment in this!

Dex-chan lover
Mod Edit: Rule 1: Antisemitism/Putinist Ranting.
Definitely just an exaggeration. I'm pretty sure entire groups of people aren't getting together to burn down people's houses, especially not because "lol you ugly".
While not for "lul, you're ugly". People absolutely do.

Jewish settlers and Hagana (later IDF) did that a lot during 1947 and later the Nakba 1948. Lots of massacres by zionists lead to the ethnic cleansing of 750.000 Palestinenseans from the future Israel. The perpetrators are now revered as heroes in Israel.

Then there's also the Odessa massacre 2014 when a pro-western mob burned down the union building with 60+ people inside, beating to death anyone who tried to escape. No one faced justice.

Then there's also the genocide of the Axis powers in the USSR during WW2. Usually whole villages were forced in the village church, the building set on fire, grenades thrown in and fire opened.

Dex-chan lover
See, this why you ought to kill them quick quick, without even letting them know who why when what how killed them. It's a world of magic, can never be too careful.

Dex-chan lover
While not for "lul, you're ugly". People absolutely do.

Jewish settlers and Hagana (later IDF) did that a lot during 1947 and later the Nakba 1948. Lots of massacres by zionists lead to the ethnic cleansing of 750.000 Palestinenseans from the future Israel. The perpetrators are now revered as heroes in Israel.

Then there's also the Odessa massacre 2014 when a pro-western mob burned down the union building with 60+ people inside, beating to death anyone who tried to escape. No one faced justice.

Then there's also the genocide of the Axis powers in the USSR during WW2. Usually whole villages were forced in the village church, the building set on fire, grenades thrown in and fire opened.
okay but those are just regular old war crimes. none of these have anything to do with "bullying" like in this manga

Dex-chan lover
Did they all let her escape...?
MC, the elf, the dwarves?! What the fuck.
Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
What shit do you smoke?
A bunch of russian (literally russian citizens, who arrived at Odesa shortly before) and local lumpens, sprinkled with some citizens of Transnistria, decided that it was a good idea to hunt locals, who were on a peaceful walk "For the Unity of Ukraine". Luckily, these bastards somehow missed the fact, that the fans of two Ukrainian football clubs from Odesa and Kharkiv decided to join the walk (there was a football match planned that day).
Things started to go south when some dickheads wounded and killed several pro-Ukrainian people, using firearms, so Ukrainians got a bit sad and angry about this fact (crazy, right?).
Pro-russian lumpens then fled (it's tough to beat up not some elderly and women, but also football fans, who would've thought) to the building they illegally held for some time (thanks to pro-russian local major-mafioso and police chef). Inside the building, they had molotov cocktails and more incendiary mixture ready (such nice fellers, clearly some aspiring youth and bright minds) and decided it was a good idea to start throwing them.
There were 5 places of ignition inside the building, 4 of which were caused by those inside the building (pro-russians are usually not the brightest people, you see), so some of them got roasted.
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

Double-page supporter
I mean, apparently even the only daughter of the current emperor was bullied when she was in elementary school. so it seems widespread.

Users who are viewing this thread