Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Double-page supporter
anyone else play this? i suck at it but its still pretty amazing.

its a free sandbox roguelike game where you pick some traits and a starting scenario and then are plunked into a modern apocalyptic world with everything from zombies to lovecraftian creatures to military robots out to get you.
its hard to start like most roguelikes, but the amount of things you can do is amazing. at the start of a run you're sneaking into deserted houses at night scavenging for warm clothes and a bag of potato chips in the pantry but by the "endgame" you're rolling into the middle of a town in your built-from-scatch madmax-esque deathmobile with turrets blazing and you jumping out with robot augments, power armor, custom-modified guns and jury-rigged flamethrower sword taking out massive hordes of zombies and nasties at a time.
there's no real "end goal" yet (though some people have been working on it) and there's an active modding community along with the extremely active "main branch" that usually updates the game 2+ times per day, so i just use the game updater that can be found here:
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11895.0

highly recommended, like i said its really open-ended and you dont get much direction but the massive amount of things you can do / make are incredible.

I played it a long time ago. I think back in 2014. I couldn't get into it that much since there were no good graphical tiles. Plus modding it was a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread