Chaotic Sword God (2021) - Ch. 19

This a great example of the classic manhua element of the academy not interfering in disputes between nobles. But like, what noble clan would risk their heirs going to such a dangerous place? The commoners I understand. Too poor and insignificant to hire any decent tutor for a child. But a noble house would pay a fortune to keep their kids safe, especially the smaller clans with less ability to keep their kids safe in a distant lands. This version of the trope is too simple, with nobles kids able to just attack each other anywhere at anytime. This would be unsustainable. Most variants of this trope have rules and special spaces for duels between students, and require –at least on paper– the consent of both parties. Maybe the novel has more detail about this system. But as it's portrayed here, noble kids would be murdering each other constantly here and no one would want to go.

Dex-chan lover
This a great example of the classic manhua element of the academy not interfering in disputes between nobles. But like, what noble clan would risk their heirs going to such a dangerous place? The commoners I understand. Too poor and insignificant to hire any decent tutor for a child. But a noble house would pay a fortune to keep their kids safe, especially the smaller clans with less ability to keep their kids safe in a distant lands. This version of the trope is too simple, with nobles kids able to just attack each other anywhere at anytime. This would be unsustainable. Most variants of this trope have rules and special spaces for duels between students, and require –at least on paper– the consent of both parties. Maybe the novel has more detail about this system. But as it's portrayed here, noble kids would be murdering each other constantly here and no one would want to go.
I agree with you that I do think it's odd that noble clans/families with the ability don't just keep their kids home to refine their ability. However -- I think if I remember right the nobles can fight each other but they CANNOT kill each other. I don't think they can really cripple them either without getting themselves expelled but don't quote me on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread