Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Coming home after a long time

Dex-chan lover
Finally, a good translation! Thank you.
Now if only someone would do 21,22 as those chapters were supposed to be the climax, finale of 20whole chapters! Just to be ruined by absolutely shit translation, losing everything the whole manga has built up for so long.
Pls, someone, save them :(

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why he's expecting such dire retribution, such as execution.
He was literally the representative of a Duke's daughter. Duke. That's almost the highest ranking in the noble-hierarchy. If royalty would go for his head, it'd be a direct disrespect to the Dukedom of the kingdom. That's fucking stupid. Am I missing anything here? It's not like the MC tossed a rock at them out of nowhere, it was an official duel, for the honor of an extremely high ranking noble for fuck's sake.

Dex-chan lover
He was literally the representative of a Duke's daughter. Duke. That's almost the highest ranking in the noble-hierarchy. If royalty would go for his head, it'd be a direct disrespect to the Dukedom of the kingdom. That's fucking stupid. Am I missing anything here? It's not like the MC tossed a rock at them out of nowhere, it was an official duel, for the honor of an extremely high ranking noble for fuck's sake.
well some people can be back handed when you shame them even going as far as hurting those around you, as you said i hope that the dukedom will protect him and his close ones

Dex-chan lover
I think a lot of people have a misunderstanding about nobility in those types manga where we deal with an heavily romanticized vision of nobility, laws don't apply to them and honor is the last of their worries as long as they stay in power, nobody will give a fuck if the Prince and his gang send a band of soldiers to slaughter MC family and friends in broad daylight and at the end of the day the word of the king is law and any opposition is criminal, FL family might be insulted but what are they going to do ? start a civil war over a peasant ? nobody is gonna help them for that, heck some of their allies might even seize to opportunity to sell them out for some favor with the future king (the prince) like any good politician.

Nobility in Europe (like most of those mangas are based on and it's the only one i have knowledge about) was nothing like portrayed in media, they had no "honor" or "values", the closest thing they had was religion and all they add to do is send money to the clergy and they'd get a "God says it's ok to commit this horrific crime against humanity" freepass, let's not even talk about knights (and other warrior aristocracy) whose only difference they had with bandits is that one had a state license to act like thug.

Nothing against you but a friendly reminder that Nobility is usually above the law and at the end of the day they could do whatever they want to MC and all people would say is "shouldn't have opposed a noble" and continue their day working to pay for food.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wait, Estonian Empire? How did I miss that part?

it was said in chapter 1 (I think) that the civil war started by the villainess being expelled and Assaulted led to a civil war which weakened the country and led to them being invade

and on a side note, this series has the laziest county naming I’ve ever seen and I absolutely love it!

estonia is to the east and every other country is basically named the same way, like Northton to the north.

Dex-chan lover

Yes it was an official duel but it was also a duel that Anastasia was literally forced to compete in after being framed. The prince and his cronies don’t play fair at all.
heck in the game, the prince actually arranged for her to be raped after losing the duel so she could never return to noble society

also, even if she wants to back him, her family might not since it’d literally mean making an enemy out of the royal family and could still trigger the civil war that he was trying to avoid. Better to blame the commoner and move on

Users who are viewing this thread