Class Teni de Ore dake Haburaretara, Doukyuu Harem Tsukuru Koto ni Shita - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Finally someone translated a new chapter after 1 year??
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your practice. You breathed a breath into this deadish/dying manga that hasn't had an update for so long.

Few awkward bits in the translation, but the typesetting looked pretty good I think.

Thank you for your practice. You breathed a breath into this deadish/dying manga that hasn't had an update for so long.

Few awkward bits in the translation, but the typesetting looked pretty good I think.
If only someone can TL this, i might practice some more..

Dex-chan lover
Man, after over 1 year it got revived. The end of 2023 and 2024 so far, there's been a ton of series getting picked up again. Thanks for the effort.

Dex-chan lover
i'll never understand how series can just get abandoned for a literal year before people start tling it out of frustration. this is why i believe there's nothing wrong with multiple groups translating a series and that people should stop bitching about sniping. all that bitching is what keeps people who are genuinely interested in translating a series from doing so even 4+ months into it not getting translated. if i had the ability to learn japanese i would have long since translated this myself. thanks for the tl.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Kinda neat his ability has no sexual effect on lesbians, just make him okay with them. I once wrote a fanfic similar to that.

Dex-chan lover
i'll never understand how series can just get abandoned for a literal year before people start tling it out of frustration. this is why i believe there's nothing wrong with multiple groups translating a series and that people should stop bitching about sniping. all that bitching is what keeps people who are genuinely interested in translating a series from doing so even 4+ months into it not getting translated. if i had the ability to learn japanese i would have long since translated this myself. thanks for the tl.

I don't think anyone's going to complain about this being sniping since it's been a year since the last TL, the group seems dead/never existed (this is their only title and it appears the upload wasn't even by them since the group is listed as unclaimed), and Degen never even touched this after someone uploaded a chapter, which is their usual M.O. when trying to hoard series.

That said, multiple groups translating the same thing at the same time or someone jumping into TL a work that is still being worked on by another group, just at a slightly slower pace is a problem because often times the sniping group is a) of lower quality (because the good/talented groups usually respect each others' turf and work) and b) is often a new group/person just starting out and there's a very real chance that they won't last very long, meaning that they just pushed out the previous TL, who would justifiably feel like they would be wasting their time doubling up with the sniper group if enough people seem content with the sniper's effort, for nothing.

It's easy to think that if this was all just a free for all we'd get good quality TLs on a constant basis as everybody tripped over themselves to rush new chapters out. But what really ends up happening is we get trash groups like Rightdark Scans trying to poach titles from groups doing a good job while they use shitty MTL with no proofreading, the good group goes to find something else to translate instead because it's a waste if undiscerning people accept trash work just as easily as their quality work, and instead of everyone fanning out to cover as much ground as possible and find new and untouched works to address, a ton of groups all pile on to translating just the most popular series in a desperate clout chase/attempt to sway people to their patreon/kofi/whatever. It's funny when it happens once like with that tsuntsuntsuntsuntsun girl series, but if everyone just did whatever we'd have like 10 releases per chapter of Nagatoro and One Piece and Spy X Family and a ton of smaller undiscovered series being ignored.

The claims/respect system is the best option we have. It has holes, but every possible setup has issues. IIRC the generally accepted timeframe for something to not be sniping anymore is like 3 or 4 months unless it's clear the group has dropped the title or disbanded or whatever in which case there is no wait period. That's perfectly acceptable. There's thousands of titles on this site and it's easy enough to go find something else to read for a couple months while we wait for the fresh pickup.

What we actaully need is a respected and centralized place for people to bring attention to abandoned/unloved series that quality groups will see and take from that doesn't require someone to translate a chapter under the one of the handful of "please pick this up" fake groups (and the couple of legit ones that are an actual person doing this practice on their own). That way nothing sits ignored for longer than it needs to be if there's an audience for it.

Users who are viewing this thread