Cool na Doukyuusei no ◯◯ Nengo… - Ch. 90

Dex-chan lover
I think that double "O" is supposed to be some "blanked out" number.

I've seen some manga use it to "censor" certain words/names, such as when characters break the 4th wall and compare themselves/the situation to other manga/anime outside the manga the characters occupy.

Dex-chan lover
8? Remind me again, how old is the "kid" supposed to be, and how old are the mothers? Either way, with the kids looking like they are same age in both panels, wouldn't this mean they had the kid same year they asked?

Group Leader
Upon further ruminations, this is an excellent example of why localization is important. Maru maru vertically makes complete sense in Japanese, yet in English you only see the number 8, because our culture doesn't use the circle glyph for "missing information". This is a text book example of "just translate it literally" being the wrong choice.

Dex-chan lover
It’s just hard to see that it’s not an eight. It’s not that deep bros.

(That’s what she said.)

Dex-chan lover
Upon further ruminations, this is an excellent example of why localization is important. Maru maru vertically makes complete sense in Japanese, yet in English you only see the number 8, because our culture doesn't use the circle glyph for "missing information". This is a text book example of "just translate it literally" being the wrong choice.
Or just, y'know, a little more vertical space between the marus? OO Looks a hell of a lot more like a sideway 8 than O O does, same applies vertically. No immediate need to eat your hamburger, Apollo.

Dex-chan lover
So the daughter even surpassed the horny-level of the mother. Imagine the potential of her daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread