Daija ni Totsuida Musume - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
Well. It's been a while for the snek sex, huh.

That aside, I really do wonder where this story is going. It kinda seems like there will be a huge conflict eventually between the snake family and the village, but just how it'll get there or resolve is up in the air.

Dex-chan lover
oh boy. Can't see this ending in a good way. Kinda made me feel dread to what could possibly happen next. Almost like Miyo's humanity is slipping, and something big will happen soon bc of it
I hope I'm wrong
Thank you for the translations

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter as always.

With Miyo losing more-and-more of her empathy for the villagers, I'm guessing when something eventually happens to children, she won't have much reluctance to Daija devouring them all anymore.

Dex-chan lover
6zfWw9k.png

Dex-chan lover
I mean I'd say her "changing" is just her distancing herself from the overbearing and smothering personality she developed in the village. I mean replace giant snake with typical manhua/ shoujo hunk and its not that crazy.

Dex-chan lover
I can see this manga has an ending with time skipping to a modern era with Daija's temple and then they show their descendant.
that would be kino as all hell. Looking almost normal, but just some slight snek attribute like a subtle tounge biforkation or some scales behind the ears.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with other readers that this feels like one of those chapters designed to lull the viewer into a false sense of security before something very bad occurs (hope I'm wrong).

It was nice finally seeing adult Wataru this chapter. He turned out exactly as I had expected, glad he bonds with Tokitaro so well. That Ina wanted to return to the mountain early due to being comparatively bored with village life and preferring meat to the vegetables she collected still points to her repressed humanity. It was also interesting to note that while Miyo's empathy for her village is decaying with years to the point of dreaming about Daija just consuming them all, Wataru is still the only other human who has witnessed him doing it to the former mayor in secret after all this time.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Well. It's been a while for the snek sex, huh.

That aside, I really do wonder where this story is going. It kinda seems like there will be a huge conflict eventually between the snake family and the village, but just how it'll get there or resolve is up in the air.
this is what I love about this manga. It is truly original, while still having the familiar feel of a folk tale. It's relateable while portraying something utterly alien. And it is also truly impossible to figure out how it is going to end. Will Daija eat all the offending villagers and the monks? Maybe, it's certainly a possibility. Will the vengeful monk slay Daija and incur the wrath of Ina? Maybe. What will happen to tokitaro? Well, he might have a tragic fate or a happy one, either is as likely. Maybe he also will find a girl that, like his mother, always was 'drawn to beasts'. Or maybe the village kids will kill him out of pure hatred.
I truly can't guess. This is has become one of the most compelling manga I have ever read.
Oh and it has great, steamy snek seggs of course.

Dex-chan lover
even if you're a big snake who's feared by others, Daija still have to listen to his wife lol XD

the father's friend was really great, I'm glad that Miyo at least had him growing up.

honestly I'm not that worried or concerned about Miyo's mind changing.
Almost like Miyo's humanity is slipping,
yeah ok that's too drastic. Miyo is just slowly learning how to live for herself and choosing to act in her (and her loved ones') interests instead of caving to the village's every whim.
She was basically abused by the whole damn village while she was alone back then, and now that she has other people in her corner, she's learning to say "fuck it" to the village and their bad behaviors, it's not "her humanity is slipping".
Like, I'm sure that many abused victims, while they wouldn't take revenge or actively hurt their abusers back, they would be completely fine/apathetic if something bad happened to their abusers.

and something big will happen soon bc of it
though I do agree that something will happen. The village has only been increasingly fearful/hateful towards Miyo's family, and we all know that ignorant farmers + targeted fear/hatred is a recipe for disasters.

anw, thanks for the chapter!!

Edit: forgot to say this but I'd like to kidnap Tokitaro uhm, I mean, I want to hug Tokitaro!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread