Dainana Maouji Zilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Ch. 10 - Price of Taboo (1)

Dex-chan lover
As for the taboo, it seems to be measured by Alex’s subjective view.
This part is pretty obvious. Taboos are subjective to individuals and cultures.
Killing humans as a former human (and human hero at that) is definitely "taboo".
Killing humans as a demon is perfectly natural.
Even killing demons as a demon seems like a natural thing here. If anything, the demon king maintaining a state of war against the human for the sole purpose of preventing that is the unnatural thing here.

But I agree that the concept of taboo is overplayed in this manga.
A taboo is not something you cannot do. It's something that you are reluctant to do (most for cultural reasons) and that would bring heavy social backlash if it becomes known. Sometimes, there can be more logical reasons for it (e.g. cannibalism increases the risk of spread of diseases) but it definitely is not something impossible.

I can see this bringing power to a devil. The guilt and stress associated with violating a taboo can be seen as negative emotions that feed her, multiplied by the public outrage as the act is revealed to society. But I don't see why it would manifest as a power to prevent someone from committing an act arbitrarily announced as a taboo by the loli-devil here. In particular, when it is explicitly presented as a higher concept than "restriction".

I still think it's entertaining, but the definitions are stretched quite thin.

This part is pretty obvious. Taboos are subjective to individuals and cultures.
Killing humans as a former human (and human hero at that) is definitely "taboo".
Killing humans as a demon is perfectly natural.
Even killing demons as a demon seems like a natural thing here. If anything, the demon king maintaining a state of war against the human for the sole purpose of preventing that is the unnatural thing here.

But I agree that the concept of taboo is overplayed in this manga.
A taboo is not something you cannot do. It's something that you are reluctant to do (most for cultural reasons) and that would bring heavy social backlash if it becomes known. Sometimes, there can be more logical reasons for it (e.g. cannibalism increases the risk of spread of diseases) but it definitely is not something impossible.

I can see this bringing power to a devil. The guilt and stress associated with violating a taboo can be seen as negative emotions that feed her, multiplied by the public outrage as the act is revealed to society. But I don't see why it would manifest as a power to prevent someone from committing an act arbitrarily announced as a taboo by the loli-devil here. In particular, when it is explicitly presented as a higher concept than "restriction".

I still think it's entertaining, but the definitions are stretched quite thin.
"Taboo" is written as "禁忌(kin ki)" in Japanese, where "禁" means to prohibit or restrict, and "忌" connotes something ominous or to be avoided.

Being Japanese, the author might automatically associate the concept of restrictions and prohibitions with the word "禁忌". Thus, there might be slight discrepancies in the nuances between the word "taboo" and its Japanese counterpart "禁忌", indicating a potential issue of translation.

BTW, Ante is the devil god of "禁忌 (kin ki)". NOT kinky. Make sure not to confuse.

Dex-chan lover
While that's correct it was very apparent what I said was a joke, like almost no one would actually take what I said seriously
no it wasnt then again i deal with alot of people who say the dumbest shit and no it wasnt obvious don't know why your trying to put me down for not catching it was sarcasm its not like i went out of my way to insult you or put you down as a person.

Dex-chan lover
no it wasnt then again i deal with alot of people who say the dumbest shit and no it wasnt obvious don't know why your trying to put me down for not catching it was sarcasm its not like i went out of my way to insult you or put you down as a person.
I never put you down, I just said it was apparent it was a joke, saying that you didn't understand the joke because maybe, you have a different kind of humour or take comments seriously is not a way of putting someone down.

it may not have been apparent for your kind of humour but most people that read manga are gonna know that what I said was a joke because of how I said it and the type of humour that usually goes around in these forums

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but also keep in mind that the power of taboo is literally fueled by him doing things he shouldn't, and he says he's about to break a taboo right after talking about what demon society expects of him here. It was established in his original contract that going against his new life as a demon is considered taboo, even if he still sees himself as human, so I can see it both ways, honestly.

His expression makes me think he might kill the people, but on the other hand, there isn't much taboo about releasing them from their chains and then killing them regardless. If anything that's the least taboo option, because it follows the demons' expectations, while also giving the humans a more "honorable" death since they can fight back.
This if you see the concept of taboo from the outside. But his wish and purpose is to save humans. So from his own point of view this is a taboo, cause it goes directly against his own main objective.

Dex-chan lover
He's doing them a favor really.
Also petting the tiger is fine.. But some of you scare me

Dex-chan lover
This if you see the concept of taboo from the outside. But his wish and purpose is to save humans. So from his own point of view this is a taboo, cause it goes directly against his own main objective.
In short no matter what he does it breaks a taboo.

The trashy aspects of the ln. The most egregious example being the "dog"
tshhhhh we don't talk about the e̶l̶f̶ dog Part here

I mean there is a literal e̶l̶f̶ s̶k̶i̶n̶ book, gore, furry, and a heck tons of racism, throwing a bit of "fetish" wouldn't hurt

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Taboo" is written as "禁忌(kin ki)" in Japanese, where "禁" means to prohibit or restrict, and "忌" connotes something ominous or to be avoided.

Being Japanese, the author might automatically associate the concept of restrictions and prohibitions with the word "禁忌". Thus, there might be slight discrepancies in the nuances between the word "taboo" and its Japanese counterpart "禁忌", indicating a potential issue of translation.

BTW, Ante is the devil god of "禁忌 (kin ki)". NOT kinky. Make sure not to confuse.
That's interesting, thanks. So in chapter 8 when he introduced her to his mom and they claimed she was an upper rank devil instead of a devil god, they used "禁" instead of "禁忌" I take it? Saying "devil of 禁" and "spearman-ship is 禁".

Dex-chan lover
Kaboon😂😂 his fAce seriously his face🤣🤣 he will break it😂🤣😂🤣

Users who are viewing this thread