Dansei Kyoufushou datta Watashi ga AV Jouyu ni Naru made no Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Death Wish

Dex-chan lover
The brother faces no consequences because he is a minor with no other place to go. Whats the mother going to do, send him to papa to get abused as well? His father doesn't seem to care enough to take care of him, thats why he was left with the mother in the first place.

The molestation stopped but the damage had already been done, the correct thing to do is to get this entire family into theraphy but japan doesn't have a great infrastructure for mental health and partly it results in this.

Supporter
@lastKANAshimi I don't think that the mother tell the father what the brother did. She is an egoistical person from the begin and tell someone that she is a failure as mother is a no-no.
And in all this where in the hell is the little sis?! It's passed years...

Dex-chan lover
Major depression + suicidal thoughts is a bitch. I had to go through it in High School, I can only imagine how bad that would be in Middle School.

Also, I find it interesting that the brother does see himself as a failure, and that he seems to not want his sister to become like him. I genuinely wonder if he regrets his actions, and is trying to redeem himself.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get people here, the brother obviously has a major psychiatric problems and it doesn't help that his family basically try to cover everything up. It's not his fault how unstable he is.

Dex-chan lover
This story make me feel sad, because is a real story. This shit is constantly happening to a lot of kids, and the goverment don't have the recourses or Will to do sometimes. Or the family is more concerned about ""what is the society going to think of us?"" And most teachers don't give a shit because they don't get anything from helping those kids. This is wrong, and this manga is just a subtle reminder

So like the older brother is a "hikikomori/shut-in" and is also a molester , like bruh I feel like this won't fly in any other country he's another mouth to feed and an abuser he should've been kicked out of the house the moment mom found out what he's doing to the sister

I always fucking hated that shut-in/hikikomori shit is tolerated in the first place

Came here for fun manga and got hit in the feels instead

Good work translating the manga and i hope to see the more from your group in the future. Neat typesetting btw, really apreciate it

Fed-Kun's army
@Akikako I don't think she is a failure of a mother. I think she is suffuring equal if not more than her daughter, the think is we only get the point of view of the daugther. some chapter ago even her said she only had her mother, as the mother was trying her best to find her.

For sure she isn't the best mother, but I think she is doing the best she can (she tryed to get her son back to school, to save all of them while she could just leave like the father did)
the real failure is the biological father! he knows the situation and didn't do anything to help.

Also they probably should put "papa"to jail but again since we don't have much information about him mybe they tryed but didn't suceed

also for the sister she is with her grandma as far as we know

Group Leader
Proofreading/editing/QC/whatever you want to call it, could use some work. There are a quite a few weird sentences. Its pretty obvious its done by ESLs.

Supporter
@Mira995 where did you read that the father know that big brother abused the sister? All we know is that he know only about him being close in his room. She know about that and did nothing. If you can do something with your strength, find some help, any help, primarily because it's for the safe of your children. No, I can't justify her in anyway....

Group Leader
∧_∧ THANKS NEPU!
( 。 º̩̩́⌓º̩̩̀ ).゜
( つ旦つ ∬ 
と_)_) 旦 
As always I'll say this again and again... This is depressing as fuck.

Fed-Kun's army
@Akikako the father knows he daughter isn't feeling well, and he knows she started don't leaving her room but didn't come. She said he doesn't care about her at all.
and the mother for sure did something: the abuse stoped, the brother even tryed to get her to school (as stupid as it is I think it's his stupid way to say sorry) the problem is the wrong was already done

Like I said she isn't best mom or anything near that, for sure she didn't make the right decisions, what I'm trying to prove is that it is hard for the mother too you don't have to be harsh on her. She is as lost as everyone in this manga.

Adults can have depression too

Supporter
@Mira995 The girl lived in fear and generated paranoid, the brother needed to go away from that house. If the mother didn't have the strength or the possibilities for do anything from herself, she should have to find some help. Or at least, try. This don't seems the case.
For the father, I repeat: as we know, he didn't know about the abuses, the mother yes. What if she didn't tell him to protect the son? It happen this too in this world...
All the person can have problem, but if you are a parent and can't put your children first, as parent you are a failure...

Fed-Kun's army
@Akikako Japan society views abuse and depression as a taboo subject. Again we don't know if the mother tried to find help or not (and for sure she did something since the brother' behaviour changed)
but even if she asked for help, probably no one helped her ! you can't see this subject with our standard (you can see how hopless they are in the chapter before, the teacher hugged her while crying because she can't do anything about the situation)

what do you want her to do ? throw her son away ? run without money with her daughter ? what solution do you have ?

the only think she can really do is see a therapist then again I'm not sure it's an easy think to do in japan knowing how they health system isn't that great

you are defending the father "because he didn't know" while the mother was suffuring and lost all this time. did he even ask for some news about his daugther ?

Edit: about 30% of japanese young mothers and pregnant women take their life because of depression, most of these women kill their child before they end their life. none of these women were helped. are they a failure ?

Supporter
@Mira995 Throw away the son? Yes, that could be done. Or ask to the grandma from the father side to take care of the daughter, that should be great. Anything to take away physically her from him, that should be the priority and it's not done and she lived in constant fear. Such a good mother!
For the father, I'm not defending him, I didn't say he is a great parent, he is a failure too, for example he could ask to take care of the problematic child considering that he was the only one that he listen to, but doesn't seem that he knew something about the abuse. The mother knew and she didn't anything of concrete to make her easy.

Dex-chan lover
Considering how this things goes I feels sickened with the story. But I guess that's how human nature I guess? Not everything is sunshine and rainbows.
Seriously though, she was an elementary student. Raped, broken heart, sexually assaulted, without anyone to support her, without anyone for her to open her heart, no one to talks, suicidal tendencies, divorced parents...

If I met the brother and father, I probably won't show any mercy. Even a gun to the face wouldn't justify it after all the thing they have done.

@Flare3500
Hikikomori should've been banned in Japan.
The country itself have a really high depression rate which also explain the high suicide rate.
Having a social life would really help a person to life a better lifestyle. (Social media doesn't count, they're a cancer and cause more depression than actually solving it)

Still though, reading this is really painful.

Dex-chan lover
Since i have seen this trope SO MANY TIMES in manganime, i guess there is some true behind it.
Im talking about how easily a kid in Japan can decide not to go to school and just stay in their room.

It amazes me how everyone around them just... "accept it"? I mean, in my country i dont even think its legal to do that till a certain age LOL, and even when you are old enough, at least my parents and i think the majority of the parents i know, wouldnt have allowed it.

Users who are viewing this thread