Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 78 - The Mistery of the Phone Bills

Supporter
For real, what kind of people are his parents.... I know this series is comedy but this is one of those things that I do consider quite bad/dark....

@Yatsuki...it could be dark, like Onee-san had them killed to get to him, or she threatened them to stay away...or it could be she paid them a lot of money and told them she wanted to marry their son and asked them to stay away and let her bond with him, so they just want to see their son marry a pretty and rich girl.

If they are still alive and haven't contacted him after 6 months and he isn't in danger though, it's kind of screwed up.

Double-page supporter
Where the hell does she get all that money from wtf

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy. This is silly, but also has very dark implications.

I'm gonna give Shiori the benefit of the doubt and assume Onee-san didn't have his parents killed or conspire to send them way.
If that's the case, then it's mostly Minoryu's parents being awful people, to the point that I'm getting Hayate flashbacks.

Regardless, at this point I'm pretty sure he's better off living with her than with his own parents.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Onee San is capable to even think of doing something that could make Minori sad, like messing with his family. Author us probably joking with the bad parents plot in order to justify the premise of this series.

Supporter
@HOOfan_1 Considering the tone of this manga, I'm currently leaning towards his parents just being very irresponsible and assholes like @ColonelPabs254 said :p

But if your theory is true it would be like the greatest plot twist of the century (at least for me) XD... And you know what I actually want to see how the story goes if it turns out to be that dark lol

@Lex79 @Psychronia @Yatsuki manga and anime seem to play fast and loose with parents. Sometimes what the readers see as irresponsible and neglectful, the author wants to seem responsible.

Absent parents may be one of the most overused manga tropes there is.

Minoru doesn't seem to think too badly of his parents, and he seems to want to reunite with them, so I would assume they have been pretty good to him through most of his life.

Here's another wild theory. Suppose Minoru was adopted by his parents. Suppose "Onee-san" is his real mother and she had to give him up for adoption because she was the daughter in a rich and powerful family, but she got pregnant as a teen and was forced to give him up. Now she is secretly trying to get back together with him and she convinced his parents to let her take care of him and that she would make sure that he became the heir to her family's fortune.

Fed-Kun's army
Why couldn't it be that his parents are mostly good people who screwed up, ended up owing money to some bad people, got some help from a kind neighbour, and when the people they owed money to decided to use force, gave that neighbour permission to take care of their son so he could have a (relatively) normal life in the town/city he grew up in rather than have to go into hiding/on the run with them.

Double-page supporter
I’m starting to think the parents didn’t run away, but Onee-san got rid of them.

Users who are viewing this thread