Different Ways of Expressing - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
I don't see the reason to use "emoji" to show my emotion. If I need "emoji" to express myself, that means I'm not a good enough writer.

Aggregator gang
@Gap Thanks for the translation. Can you include a link to the original tweet though? https://twitter.com/argturuinmd/status/1114565129922797568

Dex-chan lover
@Sniter @BananaHammerMangaDex There's nothing necessarily wrong with laziness anyway. If you want to quickly get your state of mind across rather than write the Great Interwebian Novel, why not pop in an emoticon rather than spend a bunch of time and effort creating something people will need to take time and effort to read? And really, they can be invaluable if you have a moderately subtle sense of humour. On the internet, talking to people who don't really know you, it's easy to fall victim to Poe's Law with a bit of deadpan sarcasm or something. An emoticon to make it clear that you're doing a funny can definitely make life easier and not kill the joke nearly as hard as saying "By the way that was a joke." I don't use 'em that much, and I don't have a taste for the approach that loads them on massively, but eh, different strokes.

Double-page supporter
Some people in the comments seem to think they are such sophists that emotes are beneath them.😂Emotes are a stylistic choice and, in my opinion, they can be quite cute. 😊No need to thumb your nose at people who use them.

@BananaHammerMangaDex
In my opinion emoticons can allow you to express yourself easier through text, it can be quite difficult to get tone across through text after all. Writing to someone and writing in general are to different things, I hope you understand this (^‿^✿)

Fed-Kun's army
I would use emotes more if the uwu emotes were cuter.
Every uwu emote either doesn't exists in the set you are using or is outright trash, meanwhile there's an emote for a monkey, a 🐧 and even an 🦄 but not an uwu, a :v, or a >:3.

The world is unfair and of course there's emotes I didn't knew existed and are random as Heck. Like, wtf is this:👯

Users who are viewing this thread