Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Naze ka Bocchi no Owatta Koukou Seikatsu wo Kanojo ga Kaeyou to shite kuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - A Loner Can't Possibly L…

Dex-chan lover
The comments after every chapter of this story is one of my favorite parts of reading this lol

Though I gotta agree with the majority, it's time for the cringe worthy manufacturerd drama to pad out the story that every single one of these types of manga have to do 😆
Hinamitsuji Sora is a ripoff of Hinami Aoi from Bottom-tier Tomozaki
MC is a ripoff of 8man
Blondie is a ripoff of Kousaka Kirino
class prez is a ripoff of a generic hentai ntr target.

But still it sold for 4 LN's. It is pretty darn well for a drab and smack copy-pasta.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, here it comes, the super common "Loner x Riajuu Manga/LN" trope of "Stop interacting with me in public because bad rumors will start circulating around you!" arc.

Now, I wonder how the manga will handle this. (They've been doing all this indirectly so far after all)
Faithful adaptation it seems.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!
The way I see it, he's slowly improving. At first, he didn't want to go to the school trip, but this time, he considered going.
As someone above me mentioned, he had bad rumors circulating around him. IMO, it's reasonable for him to avoid talking to his classmate because of that.
I take note of his sister's ( Satsuki ) surprised Pikachu faces, because those are his turning points.

Dex-chan lover
Dude dares to call himself a loner yet he didn't bring some noise canceling headphones or earbuds to listen to music on the bus drive.

Part of me sympathizes with being stuck in a group event where you have nothing to talk about with other people and bounce between eating food and using the restroom. The other part of me is increasingly annoyed by the MC shoving away anyone who wants to talk to him his "I can't infect you normies with my lonerness" shtick. It's not even like he dislikes the people going out of the way to talk to him. He's just being rude and lamenting the fact that he has no friends afterward.
I don't even sympathize with him being stuck in a group event, mostly because I'm too frustrated with his attitude. It'd be different if he genuinely didn't like talking to people or was easily annoyed at these events and just said that (I always get agiated and anxious at large social events and just have to shut people down before I snap at them) or if he had to deal with something like anxiety and panic attacks at these events (also guilty) or if he just truly did not enjoy the company of other people. I don't think that would last long in life (humans are social creatures), but he's a high schooler and it's not that strange to hate everything during high school.

But he's shown no signs of any of that. So far all he does is complain about how much fun everyone else is having, say he doesn't need to talk to others because he's a loner with experience from having done it before, genuinely seem to enjoy the small group or one on one conversations he has with the people that want to be his friends, and then tell them to stop using some BS social hierarchy excuse despite having no evidence to support talking to him harms them in any way (the girl here was literally still the most popular person in class in every scene we saw her with her classmates).

There's nothing wrong with having smaller social circles or not being able to do bigger events well. But I'm not giving a crap about someone who treats themselves and anyone that tries to be nice to them like this. How he responds to people wanting to be his friend is also incredibly rude, like was he raised in a barn? Asking them if it's too much/telling them they don't need to once or twice is fine. Anything more than that then you're just insulting the other person. If he truly doesn't want to talk with them that's fine but needs to be conveyed clearly for that reason ASAP (not because it hurts them to talk to him).

I really do not like this MC. I thought I did at first. He was a lot more sympathetic when his story was that he just never had the opportunity to make friends or join social groups in school. Now he's just incredibly frustrating to read.

Dex-chan lover
Idk where these troupe came from.. but i guess it is japanese thing considering how common this trope being use for mc... Or maybe just asian stuff cause yea peer pressure are real here (im serious lol). Either you have certain skill or very outgoing person it is kinda hard to be friend with everyone. My friend circle also not very big but a really meaningful one so yea cant imagine being on loner side.

So my view on mc is kinda realistic on certain aspect. And so far the story doing okay but yea the harem aspect kinda weird so i looking forward how they gonna do this
I do know society in Japan is incredibly homogenous culturally and if you don't fit in, it's very easy to be ostracized. Maybe that has something to do with it? It still doesn't really explain the MC'S attitude towards it and I also know middle and high school Japanese students are super stressed out over academics and studying for entrance exams more than anything.

I'd definitely say it's realistic not to have a lot of friends or have a hard time making them and there's nothing wrong with that. It also might to be realistic to have the MC's attitude toward the process and anyone that tries to be friends with them, but frankly if I met someone in real life acting like this I'd slap them and call it a day.

Aggregator gang
Dude dares to call himself a loner yet he didn't bring some noise canceling headphones or earbuds to listen to music on the bus drive.

I don't even sympathize with him being stuck in a group event, mostly because I'm too frustrated with his attitude. It'd be different if he genuinely didn't like talking to people or was easily annoyed at these events and just said that (I always get agiated and anxious at large social events and just have to shut people down before I snap at them) or if he had to deal with something like anxiety and panic attacks at these events (also guilty) or if he just truly did not enjoy the company of other people. I don't think that would last long in life (humans are social creatures), but he's a high schooler and it's not that strange to hate everything during high school.

But he's shown no signs of any of that. So far all he does is complain about how much fun everyone else is having, say he doesn't need to talk to others because he's a loner with experience from having done it before, genuinely seem to enjoy the small group or one on one conversations he has with the people that want to be his friends, and then tell them to stop using some BS social hierarchy excuse despite having no evidence to support talking to him harms them in any way (the girl here was literally still the most popular person in class in every scene we saw her with her classmates).

There's nothing wrong with having smaller social circles or not being able to do bigger events well. But I'm not giving a crap about someone who treats themselves and anyone that tries to be nice to them like this. How he responds to people wanting to be his friend is also incredibly rude, like was he raised in a barn? Asking them if it's too much/telling them they don't need to once or twice is fine. Anything more than that then you're just insulting the other person. If he truly doesn't want to talk with them that's fine but needs to be conveyed clearly for that reason ASAP (not because it hurts them to talk to him).

I really do not like this MC. I thought I did at first. He was a lot more sympathetic when his story was that he just never had the opportunity to make friends or join social groups in school. Now he's just incredibly frustrating to read.
Wow calm down with the stupidity bro i didn't know that you had to hate people with friends or to had an illness to be a loner, also in no point of the story has he complained about being alone he complains because the girl keeps saying being alone is bad basically telling him that his way of life is wrong, second since when does being a loner mean you can't interact with other people or you hate all types of interaction, and third tf do you mean he is being rude he is mostly pushing them away because he is being seen as a pervert and if they see him interacting with them both of them are going to have problems.

And ye your right who tf doesn't bring headphones if your going to be alone in a trip

Dex-chan lover
Ah... the ignoring me issues... I had that throughout high school. It was really painful. People just ignoring you and you end up alone and then have to pretend to be looking at your phone or book or something alone... :meguuusad:

Contributor
What a cheeky brat of a little sis Satsuki is

It's interesting that he keeps harping on and on about how it's fine to be a loner in his inner thoughts, because it's making me think the opposite: he's lonely and not actually fine; he is just doing some mental gymnastics / huffing copium, lying to himself about being a loner when he was not one in the first place.

I want to see him grow out of his fake loner persona, he has to regain the hopes and dreams from Ch.1 that he lost and ran away from just because he failed to make friends once.

So I'm rooting for the girls to change him... back to how he used to be. Dunno if Mashiro looks at him like "I can fix him" but I think he's gonna make a pushback next chapter. I want her to succeed though, show him he's wrong about this.

Dex-chan lover
Part of me sympathizes with being stuck in a group event where you have nothing to talk about with other people and bounce between eating food and using the restroom. The other part of me is increasingly annoyed by the MC shoving away anyone who wants to talk to him his "I can't infect you normies with my lonerness" shtick. It's not even like he dislikes the people going out of the way to talk to him. He's just being rude and lamenting the fact that he has no friends afterward.

It's just hard to change environments, it becomes easier to just lament and push everyone away, than just "do what What you're supposed to do"

But it's also a self fulfilling prophecy. You tell yourself, and insist to others that "being alone is the best for me", making them frustrated with you, which makes them have a negative reaction, you then take this reaction as an affirmation of your statement that "being alone is the best for me"

Users who are viewing this thread