Dou ka Ore wo Houtte Oitekure - Naze ka Bocchi no Owatta Koukou Seikatsu wo Kanojo ga Kaeyou to shite kuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - I Didn't Want to Go Thro…

Dex-chan lover
Aight caught up, I really couldn't tell but MC has points and problems I suck at reading and kinda dumb so just say im wrong politely. Well I think the MC, as someone who already was a loner in their prev life he'd be right to think that they care too much despite not caring last life. Prying into someones life is still kinda bad yeah and thats what the messy-haired girl was kinda doing.

Then the girl forces him to make friends despite the evidence of MC really having no way to connect to most or all of his classmates, it was a pain to watch. He could have avoided the stalker thing if he'd just said that the book was his and accidentally dropped it too instead of saying it was revenge.

Then like the dude above said, the "Batman" thing, in my perspective both of them were right, one he said it was bad that they were leaving their groups for him, but second they were right to try and talk to him at times during the trip, but I dunno if its just me but trips are overrated and saying trips are a way to bond is kinda dumb when the MC only has you guys as friends and you guys dont have the balls to just make a groups yourselves (President and Gal since short girl was in another class, also they dont have balls cause theyre women ig), ngl spending time in the diner was more productive than what they were trying to do in the trip.

Dex-chan lover
He certainly saved Hinamitsuji pretty well! Albeit he had to pretty much humiliate himself to do so. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. He wanted to prove himself and apologize.

Hoshigaki was rightfully concerned there. But I guess knowing Nanamura, she had to let him do his own thing.

Nanamura had so much adrenaline he was so worried that he couldn't actually do anything. He just kept thinking back to what could have happened and what could happen! Hinamitsuji was quite thoughtful to thank him first. It allowed him to calm down.

Can Nanamura actually say what he wants without breaking down though? He's so nervous right now.

Dex-chan lover
Well done, MC. You knew that by publicly insinuating the delinquent duo were gay you could force them to make a hasty retreat...

Oh my goodness what the hell even was that 😆? This chapter was still whatever, but I'll admit that got a laugh out of me without unexpected it was.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Um, social anxiety is a big mental issue. And a lot of mentally ill people don't do basic self-help. What are you even getting at?
It's not a "big" mental issue when his SADS rating doesn't even break a 1. This is the kind of posts I'm talking about. Overstatement of his "mental issues" when most people conflate minor anxieties - which everyone has and doesn't prevent basic daily functionality - with OMG bruh so sad.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter! Tbh the manga is/was going to shit. Also stupid ass mc.
But seems like he's changing? I kinda have high hopes for some reason so I can't wait till the next chapter

Nanamura share's the same thought process as me in that moment when he screamed dor help😂😂😂

Dex-chan lover
Lol. Finally the right answer to "don't you know who we are?" Also, MC screaming about rape to save himself from the delinquents was unique lol.

MC is basically like Hachiman. I really think choosing to be alone is fine. What I don't like is how the author made MC reluctant in choosing that life.

And the girls have the same issue as in oregairu. They forced their ideals too much. Denying an introvert's desire to be alone is just wrong. If you want to be friend with an introvert, just be close normally. Don't force them to open up and become friends with everyone. Most of the time, introverts are happy with small number of friends, but not with everyone. Don't make them become someone they aren't. You shouldn't try to change someone's mindset, but try to accept each other.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
It's not a "big" mental issue when his SADS rating doesn't even break a 1. This is the kind of posts I'm talking about. Overstatement of his "mental issues" when most people conflate minor anxieties - which everyone has and doesn't prevent basic daily functionality - with OMG bruh so sad.
There is a difference between just alittle social anxiety and so much anxiety you rather just be alone and isolate yourself. Not every has anxiety to the point that they isolate themselves. Wtf are you even on.

These tropes man, I can't see japanese authors getting tired of using the same tropes over and over again. Like you have to rely on thugs to get you closer to a person and of all places it had to be in Japan, Like come on, man.

Dex-chan lover
There is a difference between just alittle social anxiety and so much anxiety you rather just be alone and isolate yourself. Not every has anxiety to the point that they isolate themselves. Wtf are you even on.
I'd actually ask you to pass the dutchie down the left hand side, because you're the one smoking something. The MC has the ability to interact and react normally. He's chosen NOT TO, which simply makes him worse than he really is. He's not mentally incapable unlike a higher rating which would require intervention and medical guidance. It's his cowardice, which is a moral, not mental characteristic, that's failing. Stop conflating the two.

Dex-chan lover
The big twist is that they were going to rape him and the shock that he knew threw them off, this will be important later in the narrative

Dear god, now we're going to have a BL doujin of this.

"Hey, you, girl! You were with that handsome guy just now? Follow us and make him come to you! We aren't letting a guy like escape!"

Dex-chan lover
Lol. Finally the right answer to "don't you know who we are?" Also, MC screaming about rape to save himself from the delinquents was unique lol.

MC is basically like Hachiman. I really think choosing to be alone is fine. What I don't like is how the author made MC reluctant in choosing that life.

And the girls have the same issue as in oregairu. They forced their ideals too much. Denying an introvert's desire to be alone is just wrong. If you want to be friend with an introvert, just be close normally. Don't force them to open up and become friends with everyone. Most of the time, introverts are happy with small number of friends, but not with everyone. Don't make them become someone they aren't. You shouldn't try to change someone's mindset, but try to accept each other.
It's so tiring to see people think introverts need to be "fixed" and turned into a social butterfly when most of the time 1~3 close friends is enough to make them "functional" parts of society... Even more so when you consider how even non-introverts tend to only have a small amount of friends once they hit adulthood.

Dex-chan lover
He certainly saved Hinamitsuji pretty well! Albeit he had to pretty much humiliate himself to do so. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. He wanted to prove himself and apologize.

Hoshigaki was rightfully concerned there. But I guess knowing Nanamura, she had to let him do his own thing.

Nanamura had so much adrenaline he was so worried that he couldn't actually do anything. He just kept thinking back to what could have happened and what could happen! Hinamitsuji was quite thoughtful to thank him first. It allowed him to calm down.

Can Nanamura actually say what he wants without breaking down though? He's so nervous right now.
As this is the third time, it's clear that Nanamura's choice of action when it comes to helping others tend to be self-destructive(is there a more "tame" term for this?), it could be impulse reaction since he's been alone that he never really cared what happens to him physically or socially.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, while I'm definitely not a fan of Hanamitsuji-ish I can fix him type who insists that everyone should be outgoing and social, there's also no denying that the dude clearly has issues that require professional help, and his denouncement of anything social was his unhealthy mechanism to deal with whatever is the underlying problem. The clear contradiction of seemingly putting himself on a pedestal (by proclaiming himself as a selfish lone wolf), while at the same time valuing himself so little he'd rather self-sacrifice if it would be to the benefit of others, reflects this.

His method of saving her is also reflective of his self-sacrificial attitude that values himself as less than others, where he took the fall of embarrassing himself to drive away the dangers at the moment and save Hanamitsuji.

Can't say I'm a fan, and both MCs are definitely tired old tropes, but I think the story still makes a lot of self-consistent internal sense.

Contributor
I generally find sexual assault subplots lame and infuriating, but the way he dealt with the thugs was honestly pretty funny, those lines were something I've never seen before.

Hodaka chose to go after her, stood up in the face of danger and ended up saving Sora. Fortunately the dumb thugs chased him instead of resuming whatever heinous crime they intended to do to her. He finally did something outside of his comfort zone and stopped pretending to be a loner for even just a few minutes. I think that deserves mention, and if it wasn't for the tired scene of menacing thugs cornering a helpless teen girl, this would've been an improvement on the previous chapters for me.

Users who are viewing this thread